Does anyone know if a 3-way Les Paul stle switch can be replaced to a 2-way so I can get the Tom Morello killswitch effect?
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Gibson LP Studio Premium Plus

Marshall JCM 800 2205
Peavey XXX 4x12 Cab

Digitech Whammy WH-4
Crybaby Wah 535Q
EMMA RezaFRATzitz Overdrive
MXR Phase 100
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
thats what i figured thanks. but is it worth it to do that and then you cant have both pickups on at the same time?

Marshall JCM 800 2205
Peavey XXX 4x12 Cab

Digitech Whammy WH-4
Crybaby Wah 535Q
MXR Phase 100
Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
Probably not. Plus you can add a seperate switch and put it where YOU want it. Like below the neck for easy access. Or near the pickups, or something.

Though, your LP has two volumes? Correct? If you wire it right you can have it so both pickups are automatcly on, an dyou can turm them off just by turning one of the volumes all the way down. XD Or make the volume pots push-pull. So you can turn either pickup on or off just by pulling or pushing a knob.
Last edited by Fast_Bear at Aug 4, 2006,
I feel like the dual volume control option is a little inconvenient...what I'd do is rewire the control cavity to work with 1 volume, 2 tone controls, and a push-button kill switch. This way, you'd maintain the 3 way switch as is and be able to do faster kill-switch effects. See buckethead's les paul for an example.

Another option is to replace a tone control with a concentric pot...you can have 2 volumes, 2 tones and an actual toggle or the push-button kill switch.
the only problem is im young and have never done any work to my gear besides making my own pedal board and changing strings lol

Marshall JCM 800 2205
Peavey XXX 4x12 Cab

Digitech Whammy WH-4
Crybaby Wah 535Q
MXR Phase 100
Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
No problem man...wiring is pretty simple. I was worried myself at first, but as soon as you get into it and start ripping stuff out, it gets easier. Just open the control cavity and study the wiring. Also, look online to learn how the switches and pots work. Once you understand it, it's cake.
Do you have a soldering iron and know enough to swap out a switch?

Then you know e ough to do this! Hell, we'll help ya! The hardest part is understanding the theory! Just as long as you know enough not to burn yourself with the soldering iron you will do fine!
yea i do lol, but the whole adding a another switch or a new pot a knob would be confusing

Marshall JCM 800 2205
Peavey XXX 4x12 Cab

Digitech Whammy WH-4
Crybaby Wah 535Q
MXR Phase 100
Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
im gettting a gibson very soon but i am actually looking at adding a killswitch, new pick ups and a new neck to my ibanez any thoughts

Marshall JCM 800 2205
Peavey XXX 4x12 Cab

Digitech Whammy WH-4
Crybaby Wah 535Q
MXR Phase 100
Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
my pickup setup is H-S-S i was thinking either emg's or SD's what do you guys recommend?

Marshall JCM 800 2205
Peavey XXX 4x12 Cab

Digitech Whammy WH-4
Crybaby Wah 535Q
MXR Phase 100
Boss DD-5 Digital Delay