I've been playing guitar for around 2 years.

Now, i like to play Metal, Hard Rock, Rock, hardcore metal.

i was thinking of getting a gibson Sg standard.

But, i dont know which guitar is well rounded and that will sound the best.

i kinda want to get a guitar that has the similar sounds to my fav bands l

like three days grace, breaking benjamin, lost prophets, system of a

down, trivium, and so on.
Get a Maverick!! they are awsome and truly look beautiful! www.maverickguitars.com i have one and i love the sound of it, great distortion and clean, it is very diverse...check it out, i recoment
Herman Lee Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Knowone can live life backwards. Look forward, that is where your future lies...
I would sit down and play a SG until they kick you out of the store. See what you think of it and decide. I bought one and love it. The upper fret access is the best.
What amp are you using and what's yer budget? You want a trem, no trem or what? Just the few common questions that need to be answered before we can truly reply
Mwoits anwsers to his questions:

amp...im using a crappy peavy 15 watt amp, trem doesnt matter to me, and the budget is 1300-2000
Quote by nine01n
esp ltd kh202?

or just a sg standard would do, maybe a faded sg

Are you kidding? A KH 202? One of the crappiest guitars, another way for ESP to get people to buy something with hammett's name on it. To threadstarter, I'd upgrade your amp right away, check out the Peavey XXX 40 Watt combo, maybe a used 5150 combo as well. For guitars, I'd second the SG, maybe also check out Schecter Hellraiser, floyd and non-floyd version, and some Ibanez's, maybe RG 1570?
well, what i was thinking of doing was to buy the gibson sg and then see if i can get a packaged special with a bigger amp.

But, honestly im leaning towards the Gibson SG because it's effin gorgeaus and it's one of the best versitile guitars out there.
get a new amp now. If you don't, and play a gibson SG through your practice amp, everyone will point and laugh at you. And expect a new thread from you roughly 15 minutes after you buy the guitar entitled "how come my new gibson doesn't sound like metalcore?"
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i will be playing mostly downstairs in my basement. im mostly a hobbiest. and yea i was going to see about an amp + guitar package like i mentioned earlier.
^^ what do you mean by "amp and guitar package"?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
amp and guitar package...
basically you buy the guitar and you offer the guy a special deal for it to come with an amp as well.
Floating trem...
tremolo doesnt matter much to me.
and i have it narrowed down to two guitars now

(Gibson SG Standard and Gibson SG '61 Reissue)
^ that's grand, as long as you get to pick the amp. What's your budget for the amp?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?