Hi folks, I play a Fender Fat Strat that runs into a Marshall 100 watt tube amp. I have a crybaby classic, and whenever I turn it on and rock it back and forth, there's some spots where the treble is just ear piercing and unenjoyable to listen to. any tips on how to make the wah more subtle?
Turn your tone knob down/mids and highs on the amp/or turn the gain on your distortion down.
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
This is an easy one. Open up the back of the crybaby, and you can see how the gear turns the pot. Move the gear up or down a few notches so that when you press toe down, the pot doesn't turn as much and so you don't get that treble.

Help?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
oooo i have this same problem, cept mines not a crybaby but ill have to try wut you said pink queen
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
i just did what you said pink queen, and it worked! i didn't know that you can mod the wah wah like that. i'm having a blast with it now, trying out different tones and whatnot. thanks alot!
The thought of a sound so shriekish that it can poke a hole in your earlobe is humorous.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by TheChiller413
i just did what you said pink queen, and it worked! i didn't know that you can mod the wah wah like that. i'm having a blast with it now, trying out different tones and whatnot. thanks alot!

I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.