Don't bull**** me What's everyone's thoughts on this...my vintage Roland Super Cube whole back panel shorted out so it's time to get a new amp, It must be a 15" and atleast 200 watts, so if you have any other suggestions it'd be greatly appreciated.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=69591 - that thing, right?

i have the BEhringer BX1200 (120 watts), whitch is and ok amp, satisfactory tone, packs enough punch for pubs/small clubs and a great deal (£120 for 120 watts!)

after checking out the new range and what would seem to be my beasts older brother, i would fully recomend it if you are on a budget.

300W should be plenty to fill up small/medium sized clubs, but as it is as 1x15, it will not move much air and may not cut though the mix too well, but you should darn well feel it!

behringer has alot of bang for the buck!

a word of caution: some people have had trouble with there behringer products,it would seem their quality control isnt brilliant, but if you lucky, you should be very pleased.

although 45KG is pretty darn heavy!
Well im playing through a 15 right now and it cuts through just fine, i know they have a 2x10 with speaker out so maybe i could get that and buy a 15 aswell
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
No bullshit?

Fine, it's a piece of fucking crap.

I'm 100% with you.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Price range?

And stay away from Behringer, too may mixed reviews.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Well for $600 USD you can get an Ashdown Mag 300 head and an Ashdown 1x15 or an Ashdown 4x10 cab. Or you could get a Hartke HA2500 Head and a Hartke 1x15 or a Hartke 4x10 cab. The Ashdown head is 300 watts and the Hartke is 250 watts with a 10 band Graphic EQ and Tube Emulating Preamp (very nice) And costs $250. There's also the GK Backline 300 head which is 300 watts and $300 USD. Also search around for used gear, you'll be suprised with the deals you can find.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
Well for $600 USD you can get an Ashdown Mag 300 head and an Ashdown 1x15 cab. Or you could get a Hartke HA2500 Head and a Hartke 1x15 cab. The Ashdown head is 300 watts and the Hartke is 250 watts with a 10 band Graphic EQ and Tube Emulating Preamp (very nice). There's also the GK Backline 300 head which is 300 watts and $300 USD. Also search around for used gear, you'll be suprised with the deals you can find.

i've checked craigslist there wasn't anything except SWR's which im not to fond of.
Where are you from? Have you checked Music123.com or Musiciansfriend.com?
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
If you have a 700 limit you can probably get a GK backline head (used) and at least 1 or 2 cabs (Either GK backlines, SBX, or Avatar Neo's)
haha
I don't know about down under but here in the U.S. they're pretty cheap and are quality products.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by h0d0g
Can I Ask Why GK's are so expensive. where are they made?

They're like Trace Elliots. Expensive, but you'll never break it in a hurry.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Are GK's expensive everywhere but here in the U.S. ?
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by IndieMetalhead
They're like Trace Elliots. Expensive, but you'll never break it in a hurry.

but are they as good as trace elliots? I'm personally a fan of Katatonia and i know their bassist has always used Trace Elliots.
put a couple extension speakers on it and it will play just fine corect me if im wrong but my bass player needs a new amp and it has to be under 300, i thk this is a good amp with extension speakers it would sound fine with the power goint through. one small speaker is very small for 300 watts but with 2 extension speakers attatched gives it more room to express its self
TotalyHAB
I'm also looking at Carvin gear right now, pretty high wattage for a not so steep price. I know of their reputation but anyone here own one?
So today i went and purchased a Kustom 1200HD Head and a Peavey 400 Watt 15 Inch, I traded in my previous amp for 133 dollars (only paid 200 for it)

Got the Peavey Speaker down from 199 to 165, The Kustom Head from 499 to 450. And no taxes when i finish paying for it next week.