alright...i finally, after 3 years, got an amp worth playing on . i dont have any pedals though. i was wondering what the first type of pedal to get would be for someone who plays everything from medal to christian ( church band ). i just need to know where to start or an order of pedals to get. thanks
wah
distortion
overdrive
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Go to your local guitar store and try out a bunch of different pedals. That way you'll know what you like and what you dont, and you won't end up spending your money on something like, say, a wah pedal only to find youre not going to use it.
"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."
-Kurt Vonnegut
Quote by ledzep1023
wah
distortion
overdrive

kindof the way i was leaning. but senorbill i was going to go to the store and test before buying anything so thanks to you also. anyone else?
Visual Sounds Jekyll And Hyde Ultimate Overdrive. It was my first pedal (even though I'm still kinda n00bish). It is overdrive and distortion put together into one pedal. The thing I like about it is that its very versatile.
FFS people, before you all clamour to recommend your very favourite wittle pedal, let's fine out what amp he has, eh?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it is a line 6 spider 2 212. (not very good i know but it is so much better than my last amp. i needed something loud, quick.)
^ well, what sounds can't you achieve satisfactorily with your amp?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well then, you might wanna look at a multi-effects pedal. the line 6 podXT live isn't bad for the price.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Id get a delay, reverb, or chorus
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
do you like the drive on your amp? if not, id get an overdrive or something
PM me for
is the boss sd-1 worth looking into as far as overdrive is concerned?

also what about the vox v847? ive heard some people recommend it and the price isnt so bad
Ugh.. Line 6.. ditch the amp and get something like a Fender. *Thumbs up*
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
get a boss distortion pedal, i can't live without a pedal that has distortion. or a dunlop crybaby wah , that is an excellent peice of equipment.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
because my rig is so wonderful, ill just tell you to copy it exactly.
IBANEZ Weeping Demon wah>BOSS DS-2
maybe get a chorus/flange, and an EQ. BUT THATS IT
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
*sigh*

Quote by Dave_Mc
well, what sounds can't you achieve satisfactorily with your amp?

Let's get back to that. Shall we?

Guys, stop recommending things that he doesn't need (like overdrive pedals, should be restricted to tube amps only, unlike what he has, solid state).
i would like a wah very much and maybe a distortion. i've only had my amp for the day so i havent tinkered with it enough. but, yes i deffinately want a wah pedal....and no i will not ditch my amp. i like it and i just got it. i was just asking for some ideas on effects. i've never actually used a pedal before so i dont know what to look for so i needed some advice. ultimately i want a setup that can achieve a guns n roses type sound. but not just that. i would like a little bit better distortion so now that ive said all that ill take advice. thatks to all who have given though
Jackson Customization. Check It Out!!

*New* Jackson DX10D (Under Construction)
Gibson SG Faded Special (faded cherry)
ibanez acoustic

$$NEW$$ Epiphone So Cal 50 Stack In Mail $$NEW$$
line 6 SPIDER 2 112 combo
Metal Muff
Weeping Demon
Boss BD-2!
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by colbywitagibson
i dont play blues......

then maybe you should answer my question first.

what sounds can't you get satisfactorily with your current setup?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
And to think Dave, I reposted that.

Bah. I need a drink. Tavern it is...

For a wah pedal: Vox V847 or Budda Budwah
^ yeah, i know. It always amuses me that threadstarters expect people to answer their questions at length, while they aren't even willing to read the damn replies properly, which takes about one-tenth the effort.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by uterus
all of them ^

I hate to say it, but thats so true. Should have gotten a Vox AD50 (I think thats what its called) or a tube amp of some sort.