Page 1 of 3
who do you think the best metal band is musically, i think testament and megadeth are, every member in that band is very good. (not sure about bass cause i dont know anything about it)
Do Unto Others As They Have Done To You,
But What The Hell Is This World Coming To?
Blow The Universe Into Nothingness,
Nuclear Warfare Shall Lay Us To Rest!

METALLICA - FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE
Testament had Steve Digiorgio, he's pretty talented.

I'd go probably go with some tech death here.
I'm thinking Blind Guardian. They have a well thought out song pattern. Andre, as you can tell, is probably the most musically capable member, he writes those kickass leads and solos, as well as lyrics. Marcus provides awesome rythm guitar riffage. Frederik(new drummer), despite his age has shown that his talent goes far beyond how long he has been playing. And Hansi, of course, has an amazing voice and could rip it up on the bass for a while before putting it down to solely sing.
There's to many bands to say "This is the epitomy of what I listen to" for me.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Quote by bodoms shreder
well i think the death metal band dying fetus are really good there drummer is absolutley insane

this made me laugh.

for brutal death metal drumming, devourment or flo. i like dying fetus, but the band as a whole is a big meh talent wise. also, it is hard to have a brutal death metal band with a drummer who isn't on some form of amphetamine.

S.O.P. for all brutal death.

Behold................ the arctopus is worth a mention.

This is a really subjective question.
Quote by AtrumArx
I'm thinking Blind Guardian. They have a well thought out song pattern. Andre, as you can tell, is probably the most musically capable member, he writes those kickass leads and solos, as well as lyrics. Marcus provides awesome rythm guitar riffage. Frederik(new drummer), despite his age has shown that his talent goes far beyond how long he has been playing. And Hansi, of course, has an amazing voice and could rip it up on the bass for a while before putting it down to solely sing.

I'd agree. They do write some amazing stuff. They are probably my favorite in this category.

But a close second, and don't say anything just cause they are considered "the only metal band anyone knows on here", but Opeth. And I'm not just saying that, they are AMAZING musicians. Their acoustic stuff especially. No matter how simple some of the acoustoic leads (which most are pretty hefty stretches and such) they make it sound so.... great. And their electric stuff is nowhere near bad, "Bleak", "Forest of October", "In the Mist She is Standing", "Master's Apprentice", all VERY awesome songs. And Mikael's voice is just so versatile. I actually like his real singing voice better than his metal voice, but his metal voice is one of my favorite ones of any band.

Now go ahead and flame me if you wish, but believe me, I'm not basing this on mainstream shit, I love Opeth, and, musically, they are all geniuses.

But like I said, Blind Guardian is my favorite, cause they do write better songs.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Dream Theater. You have 5 members that are amazing at what they do IMO.
Last edited by SGRocker0791 at Aug 4, 2006,
Quote by SGRocker0791
Deam Theater. You have 5 members that are amazing at what they do IMO.

hmm...i've never heard of that band. what's their best release?
Quote by fallenangel20
I'd agree. They do write some amazing stuff. They are probably my favorite in this category.

But a close second, and don't say anything just cause they are considered "the only metal band anyone knows on here", but Opeth. And I'm not just saying that, they are AMAZING musicians. Their acoustic stuff especially. No matter how simple some of the acoustoic leads (which most are pretty hefty stretches and such) they make it sound so.... great. And their electric stuff is nowhere near bad, "Bleak", "Forest of October", "In the Mist She is Standing", "Master's Apprentice", all VERY awesome songs. And Mikael's voice is just so versatile. I actually like his real singing voice better than his metal voice, but his metal voice is one of my favorite ones of any band.

Now go ahead and flame me if you wish, but believe me, I'm not basing this on mainstream shit, I love Opeth, and, musically, they are all geniuses.

But like I said, Blind Guardian is my favorite, cause they do write better songs.

I would have to say Atheist, Opeth, Cryptopsy and Nile. All the guys in those bands know how to play their instrument very well.
Quote by laffyjam
I would have to say Atheist, Opeth, Cryptopsy and Nile. All the guys in those bands know how to play their instrument very well.

Those + Necrophagist
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
^^Yea Nevermore, Blind Guardian, and Maiden too. I never thought about them.

I'm wary to say Megadeth, because Marty is the only one who is on a virtuoso level. But Megadeth kicks ass anyway.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

I think a lot of bands have talented musicians, but no whole band is ridiculously talented overall. I suppose Cannibal Corpse, but their drummer is mediocre.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
There's a difference between technicality and musicality.

I'd say DT, Cynic, Opeth, Spiral Architect, things of that nature.
i like tankard and kreator.
my gear:
zack wylde les paul custom
randy rhoads v custom
120 watt crate amp
505 zoom processor
ibanez weeping demon wah

"no one you can tell, for youve been raptured to hell"
-me
If you mean technically then I'd say Dream Theater; If you mean musically I'd say Maiden.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
necrophagist

hands down, beats every other band.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
Quote by zeldar
necrophagist

hands down, beats every other band.

Fo sho

I can not think of one band that is technically on the same level as Necrophagist. Muhammed says he wrote the entire Epitaph album on a computer without his guitar, in order to focus 100% on the music, rather than making changes for playability. He basically said if it wasn't playable, fuck it, he'd learn how to play it anyway. You can not top that. Absolutely zero concern for playability/difficulty, because as far as they're concerned, non-playability does not exist.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Iron Maiden. Hands down.
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
For the musicality aspect? Opeth, Blind Guardian, and Dream Theater do it for me. I absolutely love Blind Guardian, and Opeth may be all listened out for me, but they still give me goosebumps with that song structure.

And I still thrive to find the production secrets to the leads tones in Mirror, Mirror by Blind Guardian.
-Mike
Quote by HopePoisoned
For the musicality aspect? Opeth, Blind Guardian, and Dream Theater do it for me. I absolutely love Blind Guardian, and Opeth may be all listened out for me, but they still give me goosebumps with that song structure.

And I still thrive to find the production secrets to the leads tones in Mirror, Mirror by Blind Guardian.

Musicality = those three plus Maiden and Deth
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by Icarus66
hmm...i've never heard of that band. what's their best release?

id say images and words or scenes from a memory, but my absolute favorite would be six degrees of inner turbulence. you cant go wrong with dream theater, petrucci is a ****in GOD
Quote by kryzay311
id say images and words or scenes from a memory, but my absolute favorite would be six degrees of inner turbulence. you cant go wrong with dream theater, petrucci is a ****in GOD

He was joking.

Tony had a typo and put "Deam Theater" so he was being a smartass.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Yeah okay, I'd say Death was nice musically. But I believe the prog music consists of the most musicality.
-Mike
Dream theater is what popped in my head thinking from a technical standpoint, but I like Blind guardian more just from a listening stand point (dont get me wrong I like DT's music alot). So they are who I would say
Dream Theater
Behold...The Arctopus
Zyklon

Off the top of my head.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Musically + Death/Melo/Prog: Opeth
Thrash: Testament were very ****ing good, Megadeth - although i think Mustaine was a good song writer sporadically, for example, only half the tracks on SFSGSW are gems; old Metallica were very very good at dual harmonies, albeit the fact that it was basically Rush and Thin Lizzy rip offs;
Black: Immortal, hands down.
Other: Old Rising Force count?

And Steve DiGorgio wasn't the brains behind Testament's blistering riffery (to whoever said that above), it was Alex Skolnick. Skolnick left between Practice... and Low i think, he's got his own jazz band now - the "Alex Skolnick Trio"... check em out, very cool, got my respect.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Page 1 of 3