Hello, I have a 2003 Fender 70's Stratocaster that I have owned for about 2.5 years and the screws holding the pickguard are starting to rust? Should that get replaced immediately, or could I put it off for I while? (I'm financially strained b/c my front axles on my car decided to stop working)
If it's just screws holding in the pickguard, then it can most likely wait. If it was a component that attributed to the guitars tone, I would definently consider how much it affected it and decide based on that, but being that it is mostly an aesthetic thing it will do no harm to not replace them.
get new screws, or are you that poor?
my gear:
zack wylde les paul custom
randy rhoads v custom
120 watt crate amp
505 zoom processor
ibanez weeping demon wah

"no one you can tell, for youve been raptured to hell"
-me
i h8 when stuff decides not to work, my finger for instance when I'm not alone so everoyne's like, u suck, yet when I am alone and no one hears me, oh look, perfect.

and ya jsut go to the hardware store...
Quote by pepsi_lovr
i h8 when stuff decides not to work, my finger for instance when I'm not alone so everoyne's like, u suck, yet when I am alone and no one hears me, oh look, perfect.

and ya jsut go to the hardware store...

oh man, i HATE that!
my gear:
zack wylde les paul custom
randy rhoads v custom
120 watt crate amp
505 zoom processor
ibanez weeping demon wah

"no one you can tell, for youve been raptured to hell"
-me
Well you don't have to, I don't think that the contribution to tone is major, in fact, I don't think if you can even notice the difference, it'd be minimal anyway, don't bother changing the screws, use the money and buy paperclips.