Hey guys,

Just a quick tune in C#minor that i played over. Be critical on the soloing, and what should be done and not done.

I feel like i venture off sometimes too much and lose place, but i do it to create tension, or i'd like to think. maybe its just me.

Crit for Crit

www.purevolume.com/gabemendoza SONG2
Were you just improvising? If so, the solo was very good. If not, it was pretty good.

It had very well structured, good climaxes and such. There was the occasional chromatic in there that didn't fit too well. The very short delay you have there doesn't sound too good to me, at least not in this situation. Really, this is almost more of a fusion or even just rock solo than a jazz one.

The backing though, that's another story entirely. It sounds slightly out of tune, and it has the occasional odd rhythm. Not too good, but I guess it wasn't the focus.

Overall, solo was fine to me, just work on where you place those chromatics.

If you would please: Tickers and Bells
Quote by Kidzelda
Were you just improvising? If so, the solo was very good. If not, it was pretty good.

It had very well structured, good climaxes and such. There was the occasional chromatic in there that didn't fit too well. The very short delay you have there doesn't sound too good to me, at least not in this situation. Really, this is almost more of a fusion or even just rock solo than a jazz one.

The backing though, that's another story entirely. It sounds slightly out of tune, and it has the occasional odd rhythm. Not too good, but I guess it wasn't the focus.

Overall, solo was fine to me, just work on where you place those chromatics.

If you would please: Tickers and Bells

yea that was all of the dome improv. Of course with the idea that im sticking to c# harmonic min. when i record with the blackbox, i love it to have that delay metallic echo sort of feel to it, and i call it a jazz tune cause the sax player in the band wrote it out, and its got a slower feel to it, more jazzy if you will. The guitar that it was recorded on was total ****, and probably was out of tune but the tuner was in the other room so, you know. Im glad to know im actually playing chromatics without actually "knowing" since i used to really stick onto the pentatonic scale which is great to learn from, but bad if its all you know. But its getting there. Thanks for the crit. Imma get you back.