nelly furtado is a hot piece of ass. discuss?
songs are alright....not as good as the old stuff!!!! YEAAAAAA
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
The chorus is really catchy, but the rest of the song is awful.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Psssh, her other single Promiscuous whips Maneater.

Maneater doesn't do anything for me, I find it obnoxious and irritating. One of the low points of her album Loose.
the whole song sucks but shes hot
I don't ask for much
Truth be told I'll settle for
A life less frightening, a life less frightening
My vote for pop song of 2006 goes to that most recent Christina Aguilera tune, Ain't No Other Man. It's a banger.

On the subject of pop artists, has anyone else heard the new Justin Timberlake single? It's sheeee-ite
Last edited by scoob666 at Aug 6, 2006,
^Oh yes. Heard it - Awful.

I like Maneater, great tune to hear when youre out on the lash. But I also like that Christina song, got some great horns in it.
I liked Furtado when she was different and interesting. But now she's just turning herself into yet another sexy pop deva. It's just... meh.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
^ That's what a critically acclaimed, commercially ignored follow up album will do to you. That's when an artist has to evaluate their career and decide whether to keep their integrity or make money. Nelly Furtado chose the latter.
Quote by slinks
^ That's what a critically acclaimed, commercially ignored follow up album will do to you. That's when an artist has to evaluate their career and decide whether to keep their integrity or make money. Nelly Furtado chose the latter.

The thing is, her newest album is receiving more praise then Folklore. If you don't believe me check www.metacritic.com. Either way most of the record is produced by timbaland, and almost everything he touches turns to dope.

Quote by scoob666
On the subject of pop artists, has anyone else heard the new Justin Timberlake single? It's sheeee-ite

I really want to hate that song, but I can't get the chorus out of my head
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by scoob666
My vote for pop song of 2006 goes to that most recent Christina Aguilera tune, Ain't No Other Man. It's a banger.

Woah...I completely agree with everything you just said..
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by scoob666

Yeah dude, seriously, I'm gonna get that Back to Basics album as soon as it's out.
When does it come out anyway?

And yeah, the Timberlake song, terrible.

And Nelly Furtado, man...what a sell-out.
Like seriously.

Wow, after listening to some of the album, I am actually genuinely upset about this. Way to sellout Nelly.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
That song is so goddamn horrible. The way she sings it and the way her voice sounds. I do like to watch her latest one on mute though if you know what I mean.
I don't know if anyone's said this, I've not read the thread.

But it seems to me...one minute, here's Nelly Furtado, she's singing, she's like a bird, ah lovely, nice and peaceful...

WHAM!!!! Songs about being a maneater and all that dirty dancing. It took me by surprise, for sure.
It really upset me.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Nelly is awesome beautiful talented, and great I love her! and in a year when she releases her rock album she will be bigger than Evanescence in the rock world. She didn't quite sell out I don't think, some of the songs on Loose have a flare like Folklore had and definitely the B-sides of Loose are the old Nelly which leads me to believe she is just expanding the resume' not selling out.
The verses are terrible and her 'sexy R'n'B bitch' act is very unconvincing. The track is alright tho, but the music video works best muted.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
The verses are terrible and her 'sexy R'n'B bitch' act is very unconvincing. The track is alright tho, but the music video works best muted.

I been a fan of hers for 7 years since she came out and I know her better than her mother does.....lol

She has always been into Hip Hop type stuff and big beats, its not an act. As for her voice its better than Christina FAGulara,Britney sQueers and countless others. The girl has talent that would totally blow you away if she used it more often. Now that her foot is in the door so to speak she can be more creative on next record....lol

If you give her record Loose a good listen, songs like "Do It" "In Gods Hands" "All Good Things Come To An End" none of these are R&B Songs pure straight up pop. The only R&B song on the record that is convincing is Showtime othewise the rest of the songs are really adapable to Rock N Roll and ballad like. Check the rest of the album out it is rather awesome. She is the best female vocalist out today and alot of these songs on the album prove her versatility as an artist.

Since you have probably only heard Promiscuous,Maneater and Say It Right I can see why your opinion is not too impressed....lol LIve version of Say It Right ownz.

Xtina Fagulara is the real R&B poser, talking all Southern and LA ghetto when she is from Pensylvania.
I can't understand how a person who plays the guitar, or hell, any other instrument, and does not incorporate it into one's music. instead, goes for the easy beat by some guy she probably doesn't even know.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
I prefer Say It Right to her other recent songs.

I like Promiscuous girl but sometimes I listen to Say It Right.

I don't really like Maneater anymore because my brother wouldn't stop playing it when I was around. Got annoying.
Quote by SlashWannabe1
I been a fan of hers for 7 years since she came out and I know her better than her mother does.....lol

She has always been into Hip Hop type stuff and big beats, its not an act. As for her voice its better than Christina FAGulara,Britney sQueers and countless others. The girl has talent that would totally blow you away if she used it more often. Now that her foot is in the door so to speak she can be more creative on next record....lol

If you give her record Loose a good listen, songs like "Do It" "In Gods Hands" "All Good Things Come To An End" none of these are R&B Songs pure straight up pop. The only R&B song on the record that is convincing is Showtime othewise the rest of the songs are really adapable to Rock N Roll and ballad like. Check the rest of the album out it is rather awesome. She is the best female vocalist out today and alot of these songs on the album prove her versatility as an artist.

Since you have probably only heard Promiscuous,Maneater and Say It Right I can see why your opinion is not too impressed....lol LIve version of Say It Right ownz.

Xtina Fagulara is the real R&B poser, talking all Southern and LA ghetto when she is from Pensylvania.

LOL, pop star rivalry?

I'm sorry, but Promiscuous and Maneater are definitely R'n'B style. Those songs do not have any ballad or rock elements, aaaand their videos take place in hipster clubs, the audio and the visual are far too slick and trendy, and the Timbaland production - that's modern R'n'B right there.

I know it's your opinion and all, but there are better female artists out there. It doesn't matter where she's from, she just isn't convincing as your generic R'n'B star, she just doesn't have the right aura. As far as I know, R'n'B chicks are you stereotypical 'popular girl' and Furtado doesn't have that vibe.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Doolittle
i kinda like Promiscuous, not really my cup of tea though

Do you actually like the song, or do you like the message it gives off?
Quote by raise_the_dead
Do you actually like the song, or do you like the message it gives off?

a bit of both...

LULZ.

Doolittle wacks off to the latest pop hits.

He's a fag - I wack off to Nile and KEEP THE BEAT!
Quote by SlashWannabe1

Nelly ain't a better singer than Christina, she's definately had some better records, but Aguilera has an amazing voice, great range, pitching, tones etc.

Can't really slate anything else you said though.

Quote by Abe
Nelly ain't a better singer than Christina, she's definately had some better records, but Aguilera has an amazing voice, great range, pitching, tones etc.

Can't really slate anything else you said though.

I see Christinas mouth moving but no audible tone or talent coming from it,just noise! she is ripping her screaming off from Beyonces who herself is an over rated artist with tone deaf ears. If you had a tampon lodged in your ass as deep as Christina does you could hit high notes too, I can hit high notes as well but do I sound good hitting them? no!.

Listen to Nelly Furtados Childhood Dreams song and you will know who has the stronger,Richer tone and more clear set of pipes without the aid of Christina Agularas voice aiding EQ. Without a mic and her trusty EQ Christina Aint got shit on Nelly. Trust me. I've personally met Nelly 2 times and heard her sing one of the times I met her in person at a CD singing with no mic this girl has a set of lungs that put Beyonce and Agulara to shame in one go. Nelly sang Mariah Carreys "When a Hero Comes Along" at her graduation and it was amazing I will have to find the youtube link.

My cousin used to be a gear tech for Agulara and he could tell you personally about how much EQ boost is given to Christinas voice to make her sound and smooth out the spike she has in her mid/high range. Without that EQ Christina's highs sound like Shakira doing her worst impression of a goat. I understand most singers use an EQ but the amount of voice processing equipment Christina uses to shape her tone is really a let down for her fans who think they are getting the real deal.
Now now, no need to get all fanboy-ish. And whilst I can believe that you met Nelly in person, I find it hard to believe that your cousin worked with Aguilera.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Now now, no need to get all fanboy-ish. And whilst I can believe that you met Nelly in person, I find it hard to believe that your cousin worked with Aguilera.

He worked with her when her first album was toured, he doesnt work with her anymore he works with Timbaland now on a few things.
It took me a while to get into maneater but its alright. I hate promiscuous, horrible song. The other new single "say it right" is o.k. and also took some getting used to. I am starting to get into Timbalands producing and what he appears to be after. Regardless, I still have to say that Nelly Furtado is the biggest sell out I have seen in years. Her new material shows very little connection to her past work, and she is also allowing herself to be over exposed by her management. I see her bloody everywhere. Too bad cause I liked her old stuff and see her as genuinely being a decent person.
Maneater and Promiscuous were both played at senior prom and it was soooooooooooooo hot.

Great stuff prom is.

But for Nelly, I perfer her earlier material but I like her new stuff too. She's one of the good modern day pop musicians.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
She's one of the good modern day pop musicians.

Eh?

/elitist
Quote by raise_the_dead
Eh?

/elitist

Eh?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by raise_the_dead
LULZ.

Doolittle wacks off to the latest pop hits.

He's a fag - I wack off to Nile and KEEP THE BEAT!

Doesn't that give you **** burn?
hoimhi0et0hm03oi