Hey doooods. crit for crit? i just want to know how this sounds for other people besides me and my dog.

what was i supposed to see
everyone running like hell
besides you besides me
asked a man before
what its like to slow down
i dont think he heard me
sounds still spinning round

heat coming off the street
and your face is blurry down the line
spoke to you through a turnpike
before you sped away

i sensed some intentions
when i asked a man before
some indirect questions
it wasnt directly obvious
but i could see
he just wasnt reading me

could have been my words
my thoughts were slower
than any mouth could ever speak
i shwung and i shwinged
but it never really shwang
what was i supposed to see
everyone running like hell
besides you besides me
asked a man before
what its like to slow down
i dont think he heard me
sounds still spinning round
It seems that for the sake of brevity, or flow, or some such abstraction you decided to cut down on propper grammar. Although I understand it all, I think it would be better if you fixed some things. For instance, you could add "I" before "asked" and "the" before "sounds." It souds more natural, and just...better. Ya know? Either way, it's still a good stanza. Good flow. etc.

heat coming off the street
and your face is blurry down the line
spoke to you through a turnpike
before you sped away
Same thing here. Add a subject for the verb "spoke." Still, it's good. I liked the second line. You allude to heat-waves, but just say that heat is coming of the street, making her blurry. You don't outright say it, and fold to a cliche.

i sensed some intentions
when i asked a man before
some indirect questions
it wasnt directly obvious
but i could see
he just wasnt reading me
I think, but alas I haven't heard this, I've just read it, "before" could be taken off of the second line, and it would improve the flow. Another good stanza in general though.

could have been my words
my thoughts were slower
than any mouth could ever speak
Well, I actually don't grasp any meaning from this. It seems just... too vague. Maybe my illness of the day has just incapacitated my ability to think. Explain it to me though. It seems you were getting at something, and the slow thoughts -tied together with the afore mentioned "confusions" in intentions and such - seems to mean something

Anyway, in general I liked it. It was a good, simple read, but showed an underlying meaning. It had good flow too. Cheers.

I'd appreciate a crit on my newest. The link is fittingly "my newest" in my sig. Thnx.