Does Aneone Have Zakk Wylde Guitar Boomers Strings......

Do They Make A Big Difference In Sound And Tone.....do I Need Them??
sometimes they won't even fit on guitars because the E and A strings are too thick to string through the tuning pegs.
Those are the ones with the crazy gauges right? I was going to buy them, but the guy at the shop recommended I don't 'cause he had some major problems switching over from normal gauge strings.
I currently got the Zack Wylde 10-60 gauge and they are a very heavy set of strings.
As far as sound and tone, They really don't sound any different from any other
strings I have played with, only you get a much much heavier sound because of the
string size.
I bought a set once, and it honestly didn't sound different at all, they just felt bigger and a bit looser, even if they were in tune.
If they cost more than a regular set for you, i would'nt get them.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by alex_haeni
I bought a set once, and it honestly didn't sound different at all, they just felt bigger and a bit looser, even if they were in tune.
If they cost more than a regular set for you, i would'nt get them.
if anything they'd be tighter... wouldnt they?
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
my friend bought 3 set of these strings, and....surprise, the didn't fit on th tuning pegs

i feel sorry for my friend
Inquisitor of the zeppelinism church, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of UG's VIVA MEXICO CLUB

Quote by Aidy Damage
I'm a sweet transvestive from transexual Transylvania
ive heard the boomers will warp the neck of the guitar...so i wouldnt even try them
I bought a set when I had just got my own guitar. I was relatively new so I thought whats good for the Wylde man would be good for me. (I already used some higher gauge strings, but not as rediculously high as those.) Naturally I put them on and start to tune it up to standard and....

Snap the nut on the low E. :/
Luckily the guy at the shop got it replaced without charging me. I now use the GBMs.
My Stuffs:
-ZZ Ryder Empire (with Wilkinson trem.)
-Marshall Lead 12
-Ibanez Metal Screamer
-Zoom 505ii (was only $15, and came with an skb case)
-Crate FXT120
Quote by Trail-OfDead
I bought a set when I had just got my own guitar. I was relatively new so I thought whats good for the Wylde man would be good for me. (I already used some higher gauge strings, but not as rediculously high as those.) Naturally I put them on and start to tune it up to standard and....

Snap the nut on the low E. :/
Luckily the guy at the shop got it replaced without charging me. I now use the GBMs.

The exact same thing happend to me on my fender when i put on top heavy bottom slinkys
Those boomers are of pooor quality. As someone mentioned about, they apply way to much tention o the guitar. The neck will "warp" eventually. Seriously, stick with D'Addario. OR whatever. Those boomers are terrible. Poor quality control on their standpoint.
yeh at the guitar store the guy said they would work fine in a floyd rose bridge
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
to tell you the truth, theyre no different than any other ghs or any other brand strings for that point other than theyre thicker
its 10-13-17-36-52-60
the low tune ones are 11-14-18-36-52-70 i believe, for drop b and drop a tuning
they do give your neck a tiny bit more curve so a truss adjust may be required, but if you drop them a step or more you'll be fine

i use the 10-60's, they work fine. right now i have them standard down a whole step.
i wont use a low e lighter than 52, anything else is too lose
the advantage of these is that your unwound strings are good for bends and speed but your low end is chunky and you can bang on em without them flopping around and going out of tune
i could have inserted so many sexual jokes in there, its not even funny
for those of you breaking your nuts with ernie ball 10-52 slinkies thats pretty riddiculous,
i stuck a set on a mim strat and they worked fine, i just had to adjust the tension in the bridge
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
zakk has a special guitar that handles the strings he has...thats the reason they dont warp his...but get slinkys those are really good...prolly one of my favorite