hey guys you know any simple tweaks to make a les paul faster/ easier to reach high register notes without completely ****ing up my guitar?

my guitar teached power sanded the back of his Gibson lp customs neck and shaved away part of the back so you can hit 22's easily

or like drill in a cavity?

imnot into major re-wiring and stuff

and i dont have money for new pickups

any suggestions? or tips? i'd really like to sand the back of the neck

the finish slows me down sooo much
sand off the neck finish CAREFULLY!!!!! and maybe sand the back of the neck like your guitar teacher did? idk, i'm not a huge customizer myself so these are just suggestions.
ask your teacher to help you out with sanding off the les paul.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

dont sand that will wear down the finish and you dont want to do that, you want to dull the finish down so its smooth and doesnt stick, for this you can use #0000 steel wool, it will make tiny little surface scratches that will dull the finish and make the neck faster

thats pretty insane and very brave that he shaved some of his LP Custom, it wont have as much resale value if he ever gets rid of it
hesays its one of the best things hes done to his LP,

he got seymour duncan hums.
complete custom rewiring
hand painted decals
custom fret inlays
I would trade it for a SG or something else. Unless you really know what you are doing, you are about to mess up.
Quote by fireman464
I would trade it for a SG or something else. Unless you really know what you are doing, you are about to mess up.

i dunno why, i just cant stand sg's but i love my LP to death

sg's are sooo much lighter and i dont think it feels like the same kind of resonance and tone
I agree with you to a point. I guess I'm lucky, I have both. I bought the SG because of the poor upper fret access on the LP. I wish you luck on the mod if you decide to go with. If you like the contour of your teachers axe, here's what I recommend. Make some cardboard or poster paper templates of his neck in several places. Do the sanding slowly using the templates along the way to make sure that you get the proper contour. Post some pics of the finshed product, I'd like to see it.