well guitar center is having a 42nd aniversary(??) and I despartly need a disttion pedal something. But I dont what to get since Im strapped for cash.

I could get the
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_digitech_grunge_distortion_pedal?full_sku=102670254
which is $40

Or get the
DigiTech RP100A Artist Modeling Guitar Processor
Which has a lot more effects but its $84 and I dont want to spend that much money unless its really good.

Well Can you help me Out? .. And what kind of Effects do you use? Wah,Distrtion,Chorus....

Thanks
Well the RP100 isn't "really good" but its pretty good for bedroom use. And it has a lot of options. Its a good intro to effects.
What does the 42 Anniversery have to do with it? the Grunge pedal is the same price either way, and dont get the Grunge pedal, its horrible.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
i have an RP300

and the grunge

the grunge isn't the BEST by itself..but it's okay i guess....i only like it combined with my death metal
the death metal is kinda like...muffled/deep sounding..
so they even each other out.
but back to my point...
if you're looking for a good distortion the rp100 isn't a good choice.
it has really crappy distortion

and that's even on my rp300
some of the effects are cool and stuff.
but not the distortion.
it would only be good just to have some fun with..
just to mess around with and stuff..
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
i love thier advertisements on the radio for guitar center....HUGE BLOWOUT SALES! NEVER AGAIN WILL THE PRICES BE THIS LOW SO HURRY TO GUITAR CENTER THIS WEEKEND!.......LOL they say that every week. They just come up with some other reason to say their having a sale which is not really true since the prices are almost always the same...lol
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
what kind of amp do you have? if you're looking for a cheap and pretty good distortion, checck out the BOss DS-1.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
The Boss BD-2 is the way to go.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Well Ya I have heard a lot of good things about the Boss only problem is that they cost a lot of money. And ya I dont want the grunge so I might the Boss but I want more bang for the buck well Ill go to guitar center and try em out thanks
Don't get the grunge... I tried one out when I got my new amp and hated it. Others said Boss DS-1 and thats what I'd go with.
i used to own a grunge pedal. I loved it, its great. i hate my rp100a... dont get it... please just dont get it.. i said "Eveery on ug is wrong... this pedal is going to be awesome" it was for a few days... but after a week i hated it. The grunge pedal is the best digitech distortion pedal if you ask me. much better then the "death metal" pedal.
Quote by SchecterGates
i have an RP300

and the grunge

the grunge isn't the BEST by itself..but it's okay i guess....i only like it combined with my death metal
the death metal is kinda like...muffled/deep sounding..
so they even each other out.
but back to my point...
if you're looking for a good distortion the rp100 isn't a good choice.
it has really crappy distortion

and that's even on my rp300
some of the effects are cool and stuff.
but not the distortion.

it would only be good just to have some fun with..
just to mess around with and stuff..

CRAPPY isnt the word... the distortion SUCKS ALOT. Seriously dont get it for the distortion, thats the worst thing about the rp100a.