Hello!

Im a self thought guitarist, and I'm not any good. I know the basics in chords and I've just learned how to do improvised solos with the pentatonic scale. Now I wonder what the next step for me would be, with soloing I mean. When I improvise solos, I only use the pentatonic scale, nothing else, lets say that I start a solo to a song in the key of A, I just go the A note and do pull offs, slides, vibratos and stuff that I've learned from here. But what can I do more? Can I change from the fifth fret on the 6 string to something else? Start the pentatonic somewhere else on the fretboard? Is there any other simple rules of soloing I can use? I dont know if you get what I mean, I'm swedish so I can't speak english very well...

I hope someone could help me a bit, I feel that I'm not evolving right now...Poor me huh?

Thanks!
you speak english better than most people from england or america do.....

and for your question, why dont you try to learn some songs? it is fun playing something that sounds like your favorite band, and with time you get better. if this isnt your cup of tea, why dont you read all those lessons on music theory. that helps no matter what stage of guitar you are at.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Last edited by Trapman870 at Aug 4, 2006,
I do?

I play alot of songs! A play alot of Guns N Roses, Satriani(!!), Vai, Metallica and so on. It's not the "finger skill" that is my weak side its the improvisation. Do you mean that I should analize (spelling?) solos from songs or what?

I feel very sorry for myself right know...Heheh

But hey! Thanks!
Quote by Linus Satriani
lets say that I start a solo to a song in the key of A, I just go the A note and do pull offs, slides, vibratos and stuff that I've learned from here. But what can I do more? Can I change from the fifth fret on the 6 string to something else? Start the pentatonic somewhere else on the fretboard?

There are eleven A's on the fretboard including the open. You can start from any of them. You don't even have to start with an A as long as you play notes from the scale.

Learn all the psitions for the pentatonic scale and then try mixing the positions up while still playing the scale.

I hope that makes sense.
I would learn some more theory, learn different scales to use, and find ways to connect them, so your improvisation isn't limited to just a few places on the fretboard.
And the saying your not any good:
If you can play Via and Satch, i'd say you are.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by Free
There are eleven A's on the fretboard including the open. You can start from any of them. You don't even have to start with an A as long as you play notes from the scale.

Learn all the psitions for the pentatonic scale and then try mixing the positions up while still playing the scale.

I hope that makes sense.

Hehe...Thanks for the help! But I think you missunderstands me. I can play around alot with the pentatonic. ITs just that Im stuck in the same box of pentatonic, I've never change boxes, cause I dont know wich ones is fitting...

Gah I hate english, its impossible to say anything with it...heheh

Yeah Im pretty fast with alternate picking and soloing with tabs. It's just that I'm useless when it comes to the theory, scales and improvisation.