Poll: Where should the overdrive stage be?
Poll Options
View poll results: Where should the overdrive stage be?
1. Pre treble and bass boosts, and tone control.
1 11%
2. Post treble and bass boosts, before tone control.
6 67%
3. Post treble and bass boosts, and tone control.
2 22%
Voters: 9.
I just finished designing another schematic for a pedal. Its called the Vintage Boost. I dont know if I want a overdrive stage, but I am going to add an optional one, just in case. So heres what I am asking... Where should the placement of the overdrive stage be? Heres you options (please also answer in the poll):
1. Pre treble and bass boosts, and tone control.
2. Post treble and bass boosts, before tone control.
3. Post treble and bass boosts, and tone control.

Thanks. I want to make this pedal to specs of what the people want .
Overdrive stage?
You can't really just add an "overdrive stage."
You mean a gain stage? To overdrive something you need two stages. And what are you going to be "driving?"
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Does what do?

his asking what does the difference in having the gain/boost put matter. i think
ohh ok, well putting it before the boosts makes the overdrive become treble boosted, bass booster, or both. putting it after the boosts makes the guitar signal turn more treble, bass, or both and then overdrives it.
ohh thank you azn it takes a west ausie to help a west aussie

yeh treble boost for sure

edit whoops i voted for number three i think i meant to go for number 2
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
^-- I guess you still dont get it...

Sorry to tell you this, but not all of us fuly get electricity. XD Audio Electronics is one of the more dificult feild of electronics just simply because of it's sheer complexety!

Hell, I am only soo far in my electronics book as it is. o'o And I only barely even get amplifiers and clipping...
and for us slightly more retarded people *waves hand in retarded way* will never get it

kerry you went with number 2 no??

THANK YOU