can someone also give any advice towards smoothing up my distorted tone?

i use a DS-1 and a Cube60 (rectifier setting) currently with the Ds-1 just there to put more sustain, but i want my guitar to sing, not roar, the steve vai or satriani-ish tone where every note just rolls off the neck without interuption

^idk how to explain, it like, i dont literally mean any distortion from wrong notes, im trying to explain how the note just floats in the sound

thx alot in advance for anything

btw i use a ibanez JS guitar with dimarzio joe and fred PAF pickups
Last edited by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn at Aug 4, 2006,
that has nothing to do with amp settings, thats all in your fingers. if didnt know and practice this, then why the hell do you have such an expensive guitar?
The DS-1 is quite harsh. Maybe you should look into getting an overdrive pedal instead of distortion as it's a lot smoother?
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
use your neck pup with the tone turned to zero, then on your amp, try keeping your mids and highs around 8-10 and your lows on 0-2. Thats what i use to get a nice smooth Santana tone but i have a strat with vintage noiseless pups, try it out though.
Quote by that1l)ude
that has nothing to do with amp settings, thats all in your fingers. if didnt know and practice this, then why the hell do you have such an expensive guitar?

i was wondering the same thing. ahha
Quote by Clay Treznum
i was wondering the same thing. ahha

he propably doesn't want to spend 300 on a crappy guitar, than a buttload on an expensive one. If he buys the one he wants right away, he just saved 300.
Quote by Maj_Tom
he propably doesn't want to spend 300 on a crappy guitar, than a buttload on an expensive one. If he buys the one he wants right away, he just saved 300.

what if he quits? then he's out 1,200 instead of 300
Quote by Clay Treznum

Depends on the person, I make sure I want to do something before I do it.
Quote by that1l)ude

i play right, and i do my practice, im looking to change my tone to just be smoother, i can play through what i have now which sounds like some all metal amp, but i want my tone to correspond more to my playing
Quote by Clay Treznum

i have the 100 version (got it ebay for 430 in awesome condition woo) not the 1200 haha, and trust me, i wont quit, this is practically my life, and i plan on goin to music school in the future, be easy guys, im jus lookin for my tone

not to mention i did buy a 300$ guitar before haha a schecter omen 6, you guys were right on haha