Well my friend is interested in buying one of them, Hes fairly new to guitar, not completely, but hes pretty much a beginner.

I want to help in get the best value out of a guitar (He is my best friend, so i gotta help him :P) and i need to know if the Tremelo system is any good, and if the feel and neck etc is nice and easily manuverable, and also if the stock pickups sound nice as well, he is interested in basically: Progressive Rock such as Rush and Dream Theater.

And also im not sure if it was the RG350DX or RG350EX, they seem quite similar...

Thanks ahead of time.

Links to the Guitars:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG350DX

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG350EX
Quote by jadefox02
Well my friend is interested in buying one of them, Hes fairly new to guitar, not completely, but hes pretty much a beginner.

I want to help in get the best value out of a guitar (He is my best friend, so i gotta help him :P) and i need to know if the Tremelo system is any good, and if the feel and neck etc is nice and easily manuverable, and also if the stock pickups sound nice as well, he is interested in basically: Progressive Rock such as Rush and Dream Theater.

And also im not sure if it was the RG350DX or RG350EX, they seem quite similar...

Thanks ahead of time.

Links to the Guitars:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG350DX

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG350EX

The tremolo on low end Ibanez guitars (in fact, low end guitars period) is awful.

Maybe tell him to go for a RG321...
Ibanez guitars are quality stuff, good for their price, and easily customizable for when he gets better. I'd trust everything about it.
Quote by Vindication
The tremolo on low end Ibanez guitars (in fact, low end guitars period) is awful.

Maybe tell him to go for a RG321...

Well the thing is he wants some sorta of tremelo and a guitar with 24 frets, so i dont think that one will work, but i will mention it to him.
I bought one from American Musical Supply but sent it back, but that was personal preference. It has great features, and I found that the bridge wasn't that bad, it held tune very well through all of my dive bombs. This may sound dumb because the same neck is equipped on my RG370 as well as my RG220 B (the Wizard II neck) but I found this one felt a little fatter.. tell him to go try it out, he might like it. It's dead sexy..
"When ignorance reigns, life is lost."

Teh Space
Try looking into Carvin, if he has that amount of money. Or the RG1570. Though guitars that expensive/good might be overkill, in the case that his playing doesn't work out.
Quote by ndfcartman
I bought one from American Musical Supply but sent it back, but that was personal preference. It has great features, and I found that the bridge wasn't that bad, it held tune very well through all of my dive bombs. This may sound dumb because the same neck is equipped on my RG370 as well as my RG220 B (the Wizard II neck) but I found this one felt a little fatter.. tell him to go try it out, he might like it. It's dead sexy..

Problem with trying em out is we only have about 3 guitar stores around here, and only one of them sells Ibanez and they only have 2 of em... and neither of them is equipped with a floating tremelo. Every where else sells fenders/Gibsons, etc... and some other Non name brands.

And i might add he said his budget is 300 or below.
Quote by jadefox02
Problem with trying em out is we only have about 3 guitar stores around here, and only one of them sells Ibanez and they only have 2 of em... and neither of them is equipped with a floating tremelo. Every where else sells fenders/Gibsons, etc... and some other Non name brands.

And i might add he said his budget is 300 or below.

RG321.

Seriously, Floyd Rose knockoffs at that price range are awful...they never hold tune well.

I'm pretty sure the 321 has 24 frets, and a FR knockoff will just get in his way when trying to tune/change strings.
Why not go for something used, any pawn shops around your area? Could he maybe save up for a higher price range? If it turns out that he doesn't like the bridge, he could save up about $180 or so and get a Real Floyd Rose, but remember that he most likely WILL have to get the cavity routed out to a bigger size.
"When ignorance reigns, life is lost."

Teh Space
That's a bad price range to buy any double locking bridge guitar.

I second RG321, it will be perfect for him to learn his way around the strings without the headache of a double locking bridge, especially a cheap double locking bridge (double the headache). Not like people dive into whammy bar tricks while they're beginners.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!