Ok so i have a question and i think im right about this. My friend and i play guitar and he plays rhythm on the neck pickup and i play it in the bridge humbucker position. Which is right? (when i say "right" i mean which is more often used for rhythm?)

i always use the neck for solos....im right arent i?
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
I believe your tone should be anything you want it to be. There is no right or wrong way for a guitar to sound.
agreed, it's your own tone

but on lp's etc, the rythym pickup is the bridge i think
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
Last edited by Fatt Sorum at Aug 5, 2006,
On my SG and all gibsons, the Rythym pickup is the neck. That doesn't make it "right", but it is at least an argument.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by Fatt Sorum
^^^agreed^^^

but on lp's etc, the rythym pickup is the bridge i think

no. for gibsons, the neck is labeled "rhythm" and the bridge is labeled "treble."

but either way, it's all preference.
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

yeah like everyone said its preference,

neck is bassier and smoother
bridge is more trebley, generally hot and raw sounding
Member #4 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
By standards, your friend is right but I rarely use my neck pickup even for rythm.
When i do electric its everything neck.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

I never use my Neck pickup. End of.
Quote by evolutionised
my words of wisdom:

if you're over 18, click "I agree"
if you're below 18, also click "I agree"
depends what fits your sound really, your band should have a sound by the time your writing songs i guess so play whatever fits your sound best, if your not writing yet play the pickup that the artist whos song your playing uses, if it is a different guitar he uses try to match the sound best.
Chords played in the neck pickup sound muddy and confused. That's why it's best to play rhythm in the bridge pickup.

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
IMO its all based on personal preference, and the pickup quality. I never use my treble/bridge p-up for cleans as its way too trebly
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Yep, it's all preference. By switching to my neck pickup , and rolling off the mids, I can get a neat, very round tone. I often switch to bridge for just general sort of rock soloing, since I can cut through the soundscape more. Without distortion, your tone might sound thin though. I always us the middle position of my fender for chords, neck is too thick, bridge is too bright.

Preference, mang. It's like asking what pick is right to use , a .50mm, or a .80mm
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Plus it depends on your pickups. I'd never use my bridge pickup on a single coil for metal or anything.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join