Has anyone noticed that hardcore and rap are kinda similar? Well, at least "Tough Guy Hardcore" anyway...

Hardcore:
Rhythm oriented
Talk of "rising above"
Being tough
Weird dancing
"Crews"
Gang vocals

Rap:
Rhythm oriented
Talk of being "a poh' nigga" and then becoming a rapper and being a rich one
Being tough/gangster
Weird dancing
"Posses"
Multiple rappers

I can't think of any more...

But you get the idea. I'm sorry if this is kind of narrow-minded, but I just realized some similarities is all.
if you tried hard enough you could probably think of similarities between techno and death metal.
I am a breathing Time Machine!
yah but its funny how rap is such a negative influence when it comes to to youth's music. if i ever make it old eugh to have kids, id rather have my kids listening to lamb of god, or kilswithc engage instead of rap. ppl think hardcore is a bunchy of screaming, but there are actually messages in some of their lyrics. the only message i can see from rap is 1 telling our kids how to end up in jail. i think its funny how all of these rappers are riding around, yellin F"CK THE POLICE".. but who do they turn to when they need the law on their side?
id love to see a copper drivin around with his windows down screaming, F*CK G-UNIT

LMAO sithian476 ur picture is f*cking hilarious.... I WANNA KNO WHERE DA GOLD AT
------------------------------

ESP LTD F-250
Digitech Metal Master
Peavey Bandit 112

------------------------------
Quote by Metallica_Ðuke
i think its funny how all of these rappers are riding around, yellin F"CK THE POLICE".. but who do they turn to when they need the law on their side?

Yeah, that was like...one guy. Ice-T, was it? Don't judge rap based on a couple of mainstream artists.
a couple of things....

1. One of the reasons that both genres of music "act tough" and talk about "rising above" is because they are very influenced by city life, and just like a lot of rap artists a lot of hardcore bands come from very urban areas.

2. You are wrong because hardcore lyrics are more about sentimental things and being a better person. Hardcore for the most part goes for positive vibes. Rap however focuses on more materialistic things such as "bling bling" and getting rich. Hardcore is also definetly more of an underground thing. Very few hardcore bands actually make it big, and by big I mean being signed to a major record lable.

3. Last but not least(I know the thread starter didn't mention this, but I know some of you were thinking it) the only reason hardcore is described by the city some times is because it actually matters. NYHC hardcore is different from like LA hardcore. Kinda like rap has the whole east side west side thing going on and representing their city.

So yeah that's my two cents.
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Quote by Metallica_Ðuke
yah but its funny how rap is such a negative influence when it comes to to youth's music. if i ever make it old eugh to have kids, id rather have my kids listening to lamb of god, or kilswithc engage instead of rap. ppl think hardcore is a bunchy of screaming, but there are actually messages in some of their lyrics. the only message i can see from rap is 1 telling our kids how to end up in jail. i think its funny how all of these rappers are riding around, yellin F"CK THE POLICE".. but who do they turn to when they need the law on their side?
id love to see a copper drivin around with his windows down screaming, F*CK G-UNIT

LMAO sithian476 ur picture is f*cking hilarious.... I WANNA KNO WHERE DA GOLD AT

there is rap with much more to say the kse or log could ever think of
KSE and LOG don't say much to begin with so........
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by shai_savant
a couple of things....

1. One of the reasons that both genres of music "act tough" and talk about "rising above" is because they are very influenced by city life, and just like a lot of rap artists a lot of hardcore bands come from very urban areas.

2. You are wrong because hardcore lyrics are more about sentimental things and being a better person. Hardcore for the most part goes for positive vibes. Rap however focuses on more materialistic things such as "bling bling" and getting rich. Hardcore is also definetly more of an underground thing. Very few hardcore bands actually make it big, and by big I mean being signed to a major record lable.

3. Last but not least(I know the thread starter didn't mention this, but I know some of you were thinking it) the only reason hardcore is described by the city some times is because it actually matters. NYHC hardcore is different from like LA hardcore. Kinda like rap has the whole east side west side thing going on and representing their city.

So yeah that's my two cents.

Yeah I kinda figured #1 out later. Both genres are mainly "people's music" but in the case of mainstream rap, not really, in reference to the "bling bling" as you said.

I don't really see how I'm "wrong" though, perhaps I just forgot to mention something?
people's music?

you're not wrong sorry i don't know why i said that

you're comparisons are just too general

oh and about the crews comparison- crews were started for a good cause....it's only until now that there is so much violence
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.