I was just at my local guitar shop. (I live in Australia by the way). I'm looking at getting a new guitar. Price about $750 but thats like $580 American. I tried out the
Schecter Omen 6 and it seemed great (IMO)
I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on it.

Thanks
Personally I like schecters, although the knecks are a bit thick. I don't think you have to worry about the quality, In my opinion its all about your own opinion.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
the Omen (6/7/FR) is a great guitar. Especially through a Peavey XXX full stack

But if you have more money go for something in the C-1 series
like a C-1 Classic or C-1 Hellraiser

AND you can get an Omen 6 on Musician's friend for $350 and an Omen FR for $400 (both American)

I don't know about the shipping to AUstrailia but look around for prices before you have to spend more than necessary
Last edited by StratusX at Aug 5, 2006,
i have the omen 6 and its not a bad guitar until my electronics ****ed up and got major fret buzz on the first three frets. It can be fixed and maybe it was just my guitar but it pissed my off. I keep fixing it and it keeps breaking
go for somthing in the blackjack series either an 006 or a c-1 their both great 24 fret set maple neck mahogony body jb-59 seymours for pu's to top it off with cant go wrong for $550
ya. 006's are good, but if you like that body style, then with a little more money you could get a c1. i would recommend the c1 plus or the elite or just regular. the elite i nknow is a bit more expensive but the c1 plus i believe goes for about 550-600 dollars american. the c1 is way better than the 0men 6, it has a mahogany body, set neck, and WAY better pick ups.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Quote by iloveboobs99
i have the omen 6 and its not a bad guitar until my electronics ****ed up and got major fret buzz on the first three frets. It can be fixed and maybe it was just my guitar but it pissed my off. I keep fixing it and it keeps breaking

sounds like u just need a setup. and how did the electronics f up?

ts, schecter's are pretty good, too bad everything costs so much in aus.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
sounds like u just need a setup. and how did the electronics f up?

ts, schecter's are pretty good, too bad everything costs so much in aus.

you dissing Australia you better not nah just messing with ya. and ts have you though about getting a fender mexi strat since theyre around your price range as well also what amp do you have? and what music genre do you play?
LAf, no diss. just a compassionate "too bad."
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I think that schecters suck but whatever you like... go for it.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by Sapple Pass
I think that schecters suck but whatever you like... go for it.

Okay dude in every thread about schecters recently you've posted that they suck, and you never explain why you think that.
Tell us why you think they suck so it sounds like you're making a point not just being a dickhead.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
^LAf, it's no big deal. obviously, if he had a real thought about it, he would back it up.
say something he dislikes about the guitar.

for example, it would make more sense if he said something like, "i think Parker guitars suck, because they have a crooked penis horn handle."
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62