what are the difference in the marshall tsl ams and dsl amps. i looked on marshall's site and both amps say JCM on them. also, what does the CJM mean?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
DSL=Dual Super Lead=2 channels
TSL=Triple Super Lead=3 channels

Other than that...not a lot of difference.
ooooo...dur i dunno why i didnt think of that haha. im up too late i guess. thanks man
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
btw, your sig says you have an epi lp with "gibson everything". does that mean pickups too? and which ones? im thinking about putting a 57 classic in the neck and a 57 classic plus in the bridge of my lp custom

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Oh I have a 490R at the neck and a 498T at the bridge on mine. I believe they come on LP Studio's. I yoinked mine from the body of a deceased LP I found (RIP) laying around a family friend's house. But the 57's are awesome anyways.
Hell yea! JCM 2000 RESPRESENT!
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
i guess the tsl has a better gain circuit too, but other than that tsl has 3 channels and the dsl has 2
the TSL sounds over compressed and crap. get the DSL and buy a EQ and OD if you wanna do metal heavier than metallica.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^ +1 on joel. There's quite a bit of difference between the tsl and dsl, the main one being the dsl is a lot better at getting vintage tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The DSL is alot better at getting tones...

Lets clear this once and for all.

The DSL
-is a hard rock amp
-it can do metal, think metallica and megadeth, hell even some caliban.
- the cleans are usable and quite nice if tweaked
-and it takes a **** load of tweaking between the gain volume and the master to get the right tone. most people just dont know the sweet spot and give the amp a bad review. WRONG. play around with it.
-The speaker isn't horribly muddy in the combo. its abit muddy at low volumes, but thats it.

not aimed at anyone , but i thought i'd clear some stuff up.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
thanks guys this is like the only thread ive ever made where all the replies were helpful. by the way, does the jcm mean anything? oh yeah, and whats the difference in the jcm800 900, and 2000?

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
thanks guys this is like the only thread ive ever made where all the replies were helpful. by the way, does the jcm mean anything? oh yeah, and whats the difference in the jcm800 900, and 2000?

I'm guessing Jim____Marshall? I won't get into amps, it's just a name they give.

Edit: John cougar Mellencamp
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Last edited by love_O_rock at Aug 5, 2006,
i heard jim marshall got the jcm name from his car's licsense plate or something like that
JAMONE