Ok so I'm gonna start my own customisation soon I've stripped my guitar out of electronics here's some pics...

And the neck, now this is damaged, so I was wondering if it was fixable or if I would have to purchase a new neck?

Thanx
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
I'm in love with you for the comment on the back of your headstock, i loved roadrunner united

if i were you i'd get a new neck, you dont live far away from me, (i'm in burton) i suggest axesrus.com for some parts, very cheap, you can get a fender neck off there too

youu got any ideas of what you're going to do?
If you don't mind me asking, what the **** were you doing with that poor, innocent neck?

Also, could you get a shot of the neck pocket from the way you would put the neck in. You know, the side of the pocket closest to the pick-ups. I just wanna see if it's plywood or not.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
ok i'll get a shot soon, I dunno what wood it is....lol
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
lol, time for an update already, lol so i've stripped the damn stickers off and started to sand it's taking ages!!!

Here the pic of the neck cavity so you can work out the wood lol

also the top humbucker cavity, partialy broken off (see pic) can i jst glue a new peice of wood in its place?

thanks
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Just in case .... if you're in a bind and can't get a new or replacement neck, I noticed that the Fender 3-bolt neckplate are in totally different spots and will screw to the neck in the undamaged area.

I don't have a 4-bolt neckplate for my current project but I do have the 3-bolt one ....

Not an expert so I'll defer to the wood experts as far as getting the ID of the body. It looks like Alder or Basswood. I've seen Agathis and it has a light greenish brown to it.

Good Luck!
For the chunk of wood missing from the body, if you still have the peice that broke off, jut glue that back in with wood glue.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
to answer about the neck, my mum threw the guitar out of an upper story window onto concrete and it didn't break lol but then my dad went and smashed it cuz i told them both to die :S
soz bout dat posted of my brothers acount :S damn him leaving himself logged on
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Lesson: Never tell your parents to die.

But since its a strat, the big chunk of wood should be covered by the pickguard. And you will probably need to get a new neck, since 2 of the holes are such that they wont hold a screw properly.

Can you make your pictures smaller? They are HUGE. Thanks
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build