I'm perfectly aware that this thread was made over three years ago. But I feel the need to revive it because I've been listening to a shitload of Ride lately.

I'll go ahead and say they're my second favorite shoegaze band ever.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Ride's "OX4" off of "Going Blank Again" is just a great song. Starts like a jet leaving the tarmac and just goes up from there.

S
Ride aren't bad.... They sound kind of...obvious...if you know what I mean. Very toned-down (much as Lush was). I prefer Slowdive's last two albums. I don't mind their music, really. I can just think of a whole lot of other Shoegazing bands I'd rather listen to.
I started listening to them a few months back. Nothing special, in my opinion. I appreciate the effort they put into their music, but it's not really memorable. For me, it literally turns into background music, but not in a good way. It's almost like it's shoegaze-lite.

If you really dig their stuff, more power to you though.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by nightraven
+1 at all of this

i don't see why they're grouped among the best of the best in shoegaze to be honest

still a good band though

Exactly...I mean, Slowdive did the ambient-pop kind of Shoegaze much better, and then there are bands like Lovesliescrushing and Ceremony, to which Ride simply can't compare.