Does anyone know a good mini-amp wich can be runned by batteries?

I want to buy one because I'm gong in holidays for 2 weeks.
get a $20 smokey or danelectro mini amp.

they are all about the same, but at least these are cheap.
and the danelectro can even be used as a crappy distortion pedal after.

http://www.music123.com/Danelectro-DJ16-Bacon---Eggs-Mini-Amp-And--Distortion-i120611.music

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews?base_pid=483005&g=guitar&rpp=10&src=3SOSWXXA
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Check out either the Vox DA5 or the Roland Microcube. They will sound better then the other ones.
he just wants somthing for vacation tho.

probably already has a practice amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

They are pretty good for vacation. I used to have a microcube and its suppose to last 20 hours on batteries. It isn't that big either and they are are to sound a lot better than the normal travel amps.
Quote by jmac72187
Check out either the Vox DA5 or the Roland Microcube. They will sound better then the other ones.

^+1
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
what about an amp that isn't battery operated? what do you recommend for a portable, compact that is something you can haul around. Is 5 watts enough like the DA5 or should i get something a little bigger?
Quote by girlyplaya
what about an amp that isn't battery operated? what do you recommend for a portable, compact that is something you can haul around. Is 5 watts enough like the DA5 or should i get something a little bigger?

i think the DA5 is great, especially since you have that option of the portability, should you need to go somewhere traveling to use it with batteries. other than that, check out some of the other valvetronix series. personally, i'd go with a DA5 or a roland microcube.

(vox = more classic rock/cleans)
(microcube = more high gain/metal)
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
I really like the high gain sound. What other amps, if there are any, that would compare to the Roland?
budget? and what are u using it for.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i have my big amp in my house. i have a big detached garage where i have my drum set and i would like to take it out there and also be able to throw it in the truck while i am out on the road. i guess the reason i was wondering about the wattage is just making sure i get enough noise and not overrun by the drums.

as far as pricing maybe staying under $250.

thanks!
You will need at least 30 watts SS to be heard over a drummer... at least. Probably like 50 SS for playing with others also.
if u can bump it up to $325,check out cube 60s.
light and poratble, high gain effects but easily heard over drums.

if u really only have $225 or so, then the cube 30 is in ur range.
its a bit of a push over drums, but u can definately hear it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62