is there a HUGE difference between these two guitars becuase faded is nice and affortable while standard is over a grand. Are the pickups different or something else?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
It's mainly aesthetic differences, such as the Standard has a neck with binding, the pickups are different, it has the trapezoid inlays, and the Standard comes with a real case, and not just a gig bag. Having played them both though, I can say that the Standard is more comfortable to play. Out of the ones I played it seemed to have a better factory set up then the Faded. The faded had uneven frets with sharp edges. I think the standard is worth the extra money b/c you pay the difference for a good fret job. Oh and it wasnt only one faded that was poorly set up, it was all of them
Rolling Stones October 8th.....hell yea
comming from a gibson owner. the standard is better, and the customs are untouchable. the faded is good if you just want to get a gibson to show it off and thats about it. if your gonna go for the gibson go for the standard or a custom.

when i special ordered my custom i got the white toni iommi replica. the one he uses in some of the music videos

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_gibson_custom_shop_sg_custom_maestro?full_sku=517061%2e328
Last edited by rocknrollgod at Aug 5, 2006,
The special faded has a different bridge pickup, a different finish and no binding on the neck.

I don't think I'm missing...anything. Oh yeah, the Standard has got "SG" printed on the truss rod cover.
Quote by JorisBlack
The special faded has a different bridge pickup, a different finish and no binding on the neck.

I don't think I'm missing...anything. Oh yeah, the Standard has got "SG" printed on the truss rod cover.

atleast your assured its an sg
the standard is soo much better. but the 61 reissue is even better.....
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
my bad, I forgot one thing : the Standard has got trapezoid inlays and the special faded has dots.

so the standard is the even more sexy guitar with a different bridge pickup, compared to the special faded.