I'm just starting to learn modes so I decided to record a song using one of my favourite modes Aeolian. I still hate my tone but Im getting an ibanez rg321 soon and possibly a russian muff. My wah is not coming for a week, I would have liked to have wah in there somewhere but what you gonna do. Theres no lead guitar until about 40 seconds. Crit for crit as usual .

Its called Aeolian (wow original!).

http://duggan.dmusic.com/

UPDATE: I did a new version of this. Only changes are the electric rythm is different and multi-tracked, the whole lead guitar is different, I cut out the first 40 seconds or so, theres a better climax (In my opinion anyway) and theres a stupid random noise at the end I put in for fun. Opinions? Thanks
Last edited by duggyrocks at Aug 6, 2006,
Nice riffs and solos . I dont know what to crit . If this particular song is an instrumental , leave it as it is .
If it is a normal song , add vocals..
I didnt like the high bends and the high pitched notes in the second minute . they were not good. the song itself was great though .

I also liked the solos you played through the whole song . Kept me interested .
Nice fade out . . cool ending mate .. keep up the good work .

EDIT: I also didnt like the drum beat . It was plain and midilike. you should add some breaks and double bass to increase the tempo or increase the format of the song ..
Ayway . good job
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Aeolian is the shiiiiit, i love using that mode. Anyways, its a pretty cool song, to be honest tho, it get kinda bland, even tho it has many ideas, but it needs vocals i think. The solo needs to be perfected tho. I like that drum beat comes in at 2-ish. Its a pretty nice song, climactic ending too.

Anyways, could you please crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408270
For 13, you got the right ideas man just gotta keep it up. The "song" youre playing sounds like its to be played under vox, so youd need some otherwise consider shortening it up. I think its fascinating that at 13 youre doing stuff like this which is far beyond most of the metal bull****s being played here. keep it up man, keep us posted.

hit me with a crit - equinox solo - www.purevolume.com/gabemendoza
^^ Not sure where to post this as you dont have a thread for it so here will do. Im digging that guitar tone. Playings pretty good, some nice licks in there. Nice bluesy fell to it all. But Im hating that backing guitar. Otherwise its pretty good.
The beginning backing sounds like All Along The Watchtower to me, not that that's bad or anything, just thought I'd bring it up. The backing is nothing to right home about, but the solos are pretty good. A couple of those high bends were off, maybe it's the guitar, I don't know. The "harmony" bit was pretty nice. I thought the fade out was kind of sudden, though. Good job though.

If you don't mind: Wondrous Space, The Detour
pretty good i would say i like it after the distorted guitar comes in, and around 2:10 but then when the bends come it sounds kind of mest up but afterwards it sounds really good again really good for a 13 year old when i was 13 i could only play a major d major and e major chords cause id just started overall its good
Very nice. I like to see a youngun guitarist the same age as me doing that. Motivates me. And btw, I effin' agree with the quote you got sigged.
Updated! I did a new version of this. Only changes are the electric rythm is different and multi-tracked, the whole lead guitar is different, I cut out the first 40 seconds or so, theres a better climax (In my opinion anyway) and theres a stupid random noise at the end I put in for fun. Opinions? Thanks

BTW Its still the same name and link. Crit 4 crit.
Dude for 13, this is damn good. Keep it up and you'll be owning everyone by the time yer my age(17). The forums (particularly musican's talk and the shred forum) on this site have a wealth of information. Learn as much as you can., and kick some serious ass. Good to hear this from a younger kid as opposed to sloppy powerchordy punk songs. Keep up the good work.
I like it, this could be a very good song with the full bussiness done with it.
Pros: Fantastic potentual in your lead guitaring.
Sounds original
Solid recording
Two minutes of instrumental which dosn't get overly boring

Cons: Though solid, this recording sounds tacky.
Lead guitarin goes a bit hey-wire: too many notes you are trying to fit in.
Drum beat got annoying
Only 2 minutes! That ain't no song nowadays boy!
You need vocals in this bad

What I would do with this is I would take some of the chord structures of this and make a just under 3 minute song of simular style and rock it with vocals, and stick this on the end and re-record it all!

Final thoughts: amazing dude for 13, u sound a better guitarist than I am

Wanna critic my new song? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412368
Orophin
Last edited by Orophin at Aug 11, 2006,