Page 1 of 2
So, I wake up this morning and it's the big day. I'm off to get the guitar that's been tainting my fantasies for the last 2 years, the Ibanez RG 1570, I can finally afford it!!! Just everything about this guitar is fantastic, I got it setup at the store and the action is near non-existant, plays smooth as ice and I'm in love with the Edge Pro trem. I've abused the whammy Bad Horsie style, divebombed like a B-52[EDIT:Stuka] and it retains tuning. Best. Trem. Ever. Now, for the finish, which I was a bit shaky about after seeing pics of on the net, IT LOOKS MARVELOUS. Pictures honestly cannot do this dynamic guitar justice, you have to see with with your own eyes to believe it. The neck is VERY thin, Ibanez spews no bullcrap about the Wizard neck, it's what everyone claims to be, the best. The pickups are the only problem I have, not hot enough for me, though they pickup harmonics with ease. Overal, an awesome guitar and the best you can get for the money. Buy the Ibanez RG1570 if you're looking for an awesome second guitar you could potential upgrade to an awesome level. I'll do a proper review for UG sometime later. And now for the pics:

I'm one happy man Welcome me to the Prestige family!!!
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Last edited by redaxe at Aug 5, 2006,
nice......guitar.......thats pure sex for sure. and whatever you do dont get scratches on it

edit: i spot an mg amp in the background
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Aug 5, 2006,
The paintjob is pretty fancy but it really looks black/navy most of the time. I named her Nia...

Quote by azn_guitarist25
edit: i spot an mg amp in the background

It's a practice amp... I have a Kustom tube amp for gigging though. The MG isn't too bad with some pedals, but as an amp itself it's horrid.
Last edited by redaxe at Aug 5, 2006,
Quote by redaxe
The paintjob is pretty fancy but it really looks black/navy most of the time. I named her Nia...

It's a practice amp... I have a Kustom tube amp for gigging though. The MG isn't too bad with some pedals, but as an amp itself it's horrid.

ah yeh guess its alright then and if you havent seen it yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtUiQJc7ZMI
Yep, I've seen that... I hate Herman Li though.
Nice. Reminds me of my red one.

Nice inner turbulance poster too btw (if it is inner turbulance).
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Awesome, i would perssonally gotten the red one though...

Not too many people have a red one, and it would probably be worth more some day than a blue...

Looks great though, i love the sparkles......

Now, scallop the neck, upgrade to dimarzios, and BAM. Best guitar in the world.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I'm broke right now :P Anyways I hope to get a Tone Zone in the bridge, a Blue Velvet in the middle and a PAF Pro in the neck, how's that sound?
^ Thats my setup, except i have the YJM single coil.

Excellent, go for it.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Woo, sweet. Neck doesn't look that flashy, but I guess the pictures must not do it justice - a pic of you holding it to get a better idea of the scale would be nice.

Noob question, though - is that much wiring MEANT to be visible by the singlecoil?
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
I really wish I had the money to buy a guitar like that, except I don't like tremolos.
The pups are body mounted so yes, that much wiring should be visible.
congrats man, sweet guitar.

That paint job is so hard to photograph, I never see good pictures of it, they always look better in person. This is the best shot I've gotten of mine.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
That photo is amazing, and btw how do those EMG's sound? EMG + Basswood is not too good I hear.
^ Thats just BS.

EMGS combined with basswood are excellent.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I just creamed my pants and went to cry in a little corner. That is one sexy-lookin' guitar, isn't it

I'm planning to buy it next week, and I've been nearly dreaming about it. Played it at a shop and absolutely loved it. As you stated, neck and trem are excellent. This'll be my second guitar (an upgrade from my 1983 -or '82 or '84, dunno- Ibanez Blazer).

Anyways, I hope I can do the very same thing next week. Until then, I'll be gazing at these pictures, thanx.

Enjoy

This parrot wouldn't voom if you'd put 4000 Volts through it.

Quote by ZoSo.Led.Zep.
you sir are an idioit

Quote by ClassicAxe
^ Thats just BS.

EMGS combined with basswood are excellent.

Point taken

I'm still going to stick to DiMarzio's though.
Quote by redaxe
Yep, I've seen that... I hate Herman Li though.

FINALLY!! some one else who hates li.. i hate his guts
Quote by redaxe
That photo is amazing, and btw how do those EMG's sound? EMG + Basswood is not too good I hear.

thanks man
not that bad actually. I have some clips at http://erock503.dmusic.com , the last 2 on the page at the bottom, 1 clip from each amp.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
congrats,

and for your avation knowledge. B-52's never did divebomb. they were too big.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by Erock503
congrats man, sweet guitar.

That paint job is so hard to photograph, I never see good pictures of it, they always look better in person. This is the best shot I've gotten of mine.

Wow. I own the same guitar (minus the EMGs) and that pic still turned me on. It's very true that the RG1570 looks infinitely sexier in person.
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
holy crap Erock503 your guitar is amazing! i have the exact same EMG setup as you, without the center one though. 81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck position, am i right?
thanks guys

I just got lucky and got a good picture of it, it's such a hard finish to photograph. And yes, you're right, it's an 81/SA/85.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by tubadude
congrats,

and for your avation knowledge. B-52's never did divebomb. they were too big.

yeah, stuka's were the dive bombers. (nazi of course)
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Hmmm...RM3550 huh, really expensive eh~ should've been below 3000...

congratz anyways
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Well done man i got the same exact guitar yesterday and im soooo happy about it man, how much did you pay for it?
Well, I paid RM3000 with a free leather strap. So that's about $820. It's a bit more than you would get in the US but guitars like this are hard to get here. Best for the money though, seriously. Just the Edge Pro tremolo makes this guitar worth it. And thanks to whoever killed my B-52 fun lol!
Sweet man, those are some of the better RG pics I've seen (you too, Erock). It's just impossible to really capture the finish on camera. What I don't get is why the pics from the company are so bad. The guitars look like they're made of sandpaper or something. It's just awful, and probably turns away customers. And then when people see my guitar in real life they're like, woah!
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Yeah, I was thinking of refinishing the guitar soon when I saw the pics on the net but in RL it's really not as "glam" as it seems. It's mostly black/navy at most times. If the light hits it right you can get any color from blue, sky blue, tourquoise and even a faint green sometimes. I'm keeping this finish. Funny how I went straight from a GIO guitar to a Prestige... My next guitar is surely going to be another Ibanez RG Prestige, Ibanez has me hook. We need those colors back from the 80's though, Desert Yellow especially!!!
It's a great guitar, I have one and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love her to death
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Sweet... I don't like the little speckles much, but that is just awesome.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Hmmm, where'd u get that kinda money? ur parents?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
RG's are only like $750, not that hard for a kid to save up.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Page 1 of 2