is it the XT live or not cause if it is they yes if it isnt they do u want something just for practicing or gigging cause he Pod Xt isnt very good at gigs cause u have to scroll through all the effects but the Boss is a multi effects and a good 1 at that depends what u need it for i had the Pod XT Live and it kicks arse the Pod has better sounds and more than the Boss but as i say if u gig get the Live or the Boss
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
i had the same problem but went for the boss for the following reasons..

1 im a gigging guitarist and know that i can get a very good sound through my marshall dsl 401 amp and i also know that knowone will know or give a F*** what amp or cab im recreating for a particular song to ie a fender twin for playing rolling stones. if you play it well and have a decent sound anyway the crowd will appreciate it just as much

2 price

3 i hate scrolling through menus editing patches working out sequences for songs and set lists no matter how easy people say it is

4 i know ill only use probably 1 or maybe 2 of the od pedals it emulates even with the boss i only use the guv setting for my setlist (mainly blues based funk). if im just messing around in the house with more metal stuff ill iuse the mt-2

5 the boss has all the effect ill ever need again the the most i only use chorus for cleans and the same delay setting for a fuller sound

there were probably more but thats all i can think at the moment, you just need to sit down think what youll use how useful to you will the extra stuff on the pod will be and does it warrant the extra cash
quite right trigs the onli thing that persuaded me to get the pod xt live was that ive got lots of time atm and my rents were buyin it lol
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
i dont know much about recording but ive heard its a top piece of kit for that
neither.
if you want power and awesome recording, along with versatility (in case you decide to gig sometime) then get the boss gt-8. its only $50 more than the xt Live and a whole lot better.

i own the gt-8 and used to play off an xt live, and the boss is much better. plus, the me-50 has a lot less features and not as high quality effects and amp modeling.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
I also have a similar problem..sorry to distract the question from the threadstarter but I play live alot and I need a good pedal and I saw the ME-50 and I like the look of it but will it do (I play ALOT of funk-rock) and is the black pedal a Wah?
or am I better off finding another one or buyin separte pedals and making a pedal board (*cough* damn expensive *cough*)
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
the pedal when off is a volume pedal which i find mega handy, but it can be used as a wah or an octave pedal. i just use it as a volume pedal the wah isnt very expressive and turning it on and off is a nightmare it uses a pressure pad instead of the usual switch, very annoying so i use my crybaby