I would say the OFL but there are alot more then floyde roses... im just looking for some opinions before i buy a new guitar.
Ibanez Edge/EdgePro/Lo-Pro/ZR

Steinberger TransTrem (700$ lol!)
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Ibanez Edge/EdgePro/Lo-Pro/ZR

Steinberger TransTrem (700$ lol!)

i was lookin at a ibanez guitar i really like with some kind of trem that wasnt floyd..

^ THats the ZR trem... Very advanced... Uses Ball Bearings instead of knife edges.

The s470 is an excellent guitar.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Im not gonna tell you which guitar has the best trems coz there're a lot. What im gonna tell you is what trem is good and reliable and what's to stay away from.

Floyd Rose:-
- Speedloader or other versions of Original Floyd Rose are very reliable but its expensive. The ones that're mosly used are the Original Floyd Rose (OFR), the Low profile OFR is quite questionable as some tried and didnt like it. Yet, its down to preference.

Good LFR (Licensed Floyd Rose):-
- Ibanez Edge Pro (older version produced before 2003 is discontinued)
- Ibanez ZR tremolo system
- Ibanez Edge (discontinued)
- Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge (discontinued)
- Gotoh LFR
- Schaller LFR
- Kahler LFR (looks and feels different but the technologies used are almost the same)

The ones to stay away from:-
- LFRs that doesnt have any brands on 'em
- Ibanez Lo-TRS I (better than Lo-TRS II)
- Ibanez Lo-TRS II (worst LFR in Ibanez production, arm is wobbly and clunky)
- Ibanez Edge Pro II (slight upgrade for the Lo-TRSs, still uses inferior material)
- Ibanez Edge III (Ibanez solution of avoiding the $17 per trem to Floyd Rose, what'd expect, entry level and crap material, not actually licensed by Floyd Rose coz its patented from Ibanez Edge)
- Ibanez ILT1 (introduced in 2004 i believe, the slightest upgrade of the Lo-TRS II, arm is still wobbly and clunky)

All the high-ends Ibanez trems are made in Japan while the TRSs, Edge Pro II and Edge III are mostly Korean product (1st production of Edge Pro II/TRSs/Edge III are from Korea, AFAIK). However, the Edge III/Lo-TRS II is a direct swap for an OFR/Gotoh/Schaller/similar. The Lo-TRS I have smaller trem posts, so you'd need to use the old trem posts if you want to swap it (im not 100% sure 'bout this).

As for "Other LFRs without brand", an OFR/similar should be a direct swap.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Pulling Teeth
Is the ZR trem freatured on any guitar with 24 frets?

Nay, not as of yet.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Remember that just because there's no more frets on a guitar doesn't mean there's no more music.
yeah i mean are you rly gonna use that 24th fret that much... well i gotta admit sometimes i wish i could go higher...=( i only got 21 frets
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
yeah i mean are you rly gonna use that 24th fret that much... well i gotta admit sometimes i wish i could go higher...=( i only got 21 frets

Actually, yeah. I will.
I use mine all the time, although it is somewhat muddy.

Quote by Pulling Teeth
Is the ZR trem freatured on any guitar with 24 frets?

Yes. It is on the Ibanez RGT320Q. They cost $1999 at Sam Ash.
Last edited by mikeman at Aug 5, 2006,
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ THats the ZR trem... Very advanced... Uses Ball Bearings instead of knife edges.

The s470 is an excellent guitar.

I second that, but I have to say that I hate the wave inlays
Quote by Dave_Mc
Aw, dammit, I thought this was about the "half-naked chicks giveaway" with the pictures of guitars...

Quote by guitarphillip
what the hell you have 3 guitars and yet you dont know how to do power chords may god have mercy on your soul.
Quote by McLeet
i was lookin at a ibanez guitar i really like with some kind of trem that wasnt floyd..

I've got that in a different color, most amazing guitar I've ever tried.
Dickless.
Quote by mikeman

No ZR on that one. Edge Pro...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by mikeman

Damn you for getting my hopes up!
Wilkinson trems are quite possibly the best. Reliable and really well-made, they're versatile and good for blues and rock zealots and maybe just a little shred.
Just to say that nobody else has.

The ZR trem doesnt have as much range as an OFR but the smoothness will make up for it. IMO I love the 2315 Kahler, tried it on the ESP Jeff Hanneman signature at a local shop. Freaking amazing.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
^ and that ESPs and Kahlers are Freaking expensive...
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ haha, yeah I know.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
The original ibanez edge.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
How about the
Kahler
Stetsbar?

I don't know about their range, reliability, especially stetsbar, I don't see a locking nut.
Quote by madpickin03
^ and that ESPs and Kahlers are Freaking expensive...

ok ESP are expensive but i wouldnt call it freaking expensive.

and Schaller trems are amazing since their used on Caparison Guitars and Kahlers as well just cause theyre amazing even though they may be a let down at some points
i played a gibson les paul with a kahler and if i had the money it would have been bought.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by azn_guitarist25
ok ESP are expensive but i wouldnt call it freaking expensive.

i would
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Floyd rose
Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Squire Fender Strat.
EMG 81 & 85 Pickups (still not fitted).
Marshall AVT100 2000.
Fender Frontman.
Dunlop Cry Baby.
D'addadrio Strings User.
Dunlop Plectrum User.
Levy's Strap user.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
your a bitch i hate you and ps Ibanez are ****

rofl, hate me more plz

and about Ibanez, yeah, they're quite the **** nowadays, i hate the design and color, really boring and dull. Im eye-ing the MH-400
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Just gimme $650 and i'll cross the Ibanez line
Thats what she said...
UGmusic