I've tried looking up how to do them, but I keep getting confused. From what I've read you turn your pick perpendicular to the strings, apply pressure then slide up(I've also heard you have to start fast then slow down for the best sound), but I'm really not getting much noise. What strings should I do one on as well?
low E
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
i like doing it across the low E and A strings at the same time, but i use different speeds, depending on the sound i want
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
It's called a pickscrape, not a pickslide - pickslide is misleading. You want distortion, plenty of gain, a relatively thick low e string and you scrape, don't slide. It can ruin plectrums, mind you
Scare on the low strings, doing it with distortion will get you even more noise, and theres really no right way to do it, it's whatever sounds right to you.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I have found that fretting the 2nd fret on the low E string gives it a much better sound. Start at about the 18th fret and dig in with medium pressure and then come down as far as you need to go . I only just found out about the 2nd fret trick. It really does change the feel of the scrape. Hope this helps.