i play metal - A7X Trivium Metallica SOAD rock - Muse RHCP classic rock - Led Zeppelin Deep Purple Thin Lizzy Cream and i would like to know which amp would be good to get for me atm cause i have a problem i have a reli reli reli bad amp atm and a reli reli reli good multi effects and i was wondering which of these 2 amps would work well with the pod xt live or without it and give me good tones.

Roland Cube 60 £169
Vox AD 50VT £189
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
vox
its more versatile
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
how does it do metal = what i mostly play and i know ppl praise the roland as bein a decent metal amp
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Agree with LedZep, Vox is great.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
well idk much about metal when im just playin around i get get some really hi-gain tones on it
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
the rolands getting praise for being decent?

i would get the vox and then a good pedal. like a mt-2 or something like that. rolands to me sound like crap for everything.
Quote by bambi_slaughter
the rolands getting praise for being decent?

i would get the vox and then a good pedal. like a mt-2 or something like that. rolands to me sound like crap for everything.

A distortion pedal will sound like crap through a Vox or a Roland (unless you use the true clean channel on the Cube).

Modeling amps suck tone; it makes using distortion/overdrive pedals unwieldy (they sound a lot worse than they should).

I would recommend a Vox, because it's more versatile; you can get more gain out of a Cube, however, the cleans/bluesy overdrive won't be as good.
There needs to be a thread stickied that says that in this price range about the only amp you will be reccomended is the Vox or the Roland.

But man go ahead and get the roland its best for what you want.