ok
i am having some serious problems with this
its like my hands just wont cooperate
any suggestions
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Well my initial response is slow the **** down.

When you play slow, you program your hands for when they're playing fast. You need to make sure your hands are 100% PERFECTLY synchronised before even thinking of going any faster.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Practice it SUPER slow if you do it consistently and only bump up the speed every few days you WILL get it. I suggest eighth notes at 40 bpm. Seriously.
Wow, I'm surprised nobody told him to take it to the technique thread whats got into you guys? Some sort of nice streak?

With sweep picking you've got to make sure you slow it down even more than you would practicing legato or alt picking etc... keep it really slow, as sweeping can actually be harder at slow speeds, and just make sure you hit every note. Pay attention to your fretting hand and getting it perfect, making sure that if you need to roll your fingers to play any notes that you do it right, and not just half assed each time.
Quote by Tom Martin
Wow, I'm surprised nobody told him to take it to the technique thread whats got into you guys? Some sort of nice streak?
+1
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
hah yeah took me a while to get sweeping down and even the mod didnt move this hmm
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
See? I can be nice.

But only for short periods at a time.

*Closed*
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.