Ok, i plan to buy a cheap guitar, a Squier '51 to be exact (and yes I know, "you should save up and buy a real fender!", I already have a fender mexican strat and an epiphone g-400, and an 1971 american fender telecaster, so i don't think i need another great guitar), but I plan to modify the pickups in the '51. I do know for sure that I am going to replace the bridge pickup with a DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion Humbucker, but I need a single coil at the neck. It wouldn't bother me at all if it was even a tele rythm pickup, but I don't know how it would sound with the humbucker. can you think of any singlecoil pickups that would sound good but also have more of a lighter sound to them.

I play just about every style of music

and just a few of the bands music I play a lot of at home when I'm not playing my originals are

Nirvana
Puddle of Mudd
Nickelback
Alice In Chains
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Hey man. I actually have a Mexican Strat that I got from a pawn shop. I put a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon humbucker into it and it has changed my life. Can't really help you with the single-coil question, but wanted to share my experience. The humbucker really enables you to pull off some good palm-muted chords. If you don't use the whammy bar, I would suggest adding a fixed bridge. It really tightens up your sound and action. I did it to mine and I will never buy another guitar. Good luck with it!
Attachments:
Im002038.jpg
thanks, I appreciate it.

thanks for the help.

the thing is. u dont really need a hot single in the neck.

texas pups are good but, uve got the heavy tones covered with the humbucker.

do u play any cleans, blues, classic rock?
u'll also want something that runs silent.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i do play some blues and classic rock, I play everything really, my orignals have more of a bluesy classic rock feel to them.

maybe some Vintage Noisless Fenders... i love the clean sound of those.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
i played a strat with those and it sounded pretty good.