Page 1 of 154
So i searched it and i couldnt find a thread on death. Im sure there has to be one though and if there isnt we should should all be ashamed of ourselves.

so whats your favorite death album?, song?, band member?, era?

My favorite song is probally crystal mountain and album would have to be symbolic. As far as my favorite band member obviously it has to be Chuck Schuldiner
my favorite album is "the sound of perseverance" and "leprosy" . These albums are awesome .
Chuck is my favorite band member .
Thats it !
And maybe there was a death thread .. I'm not sure.!
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Well, Chuck Schuldiner is Death.

R.I.P.
Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
Last edited by NAME GOES HERE at Aug 5, 2006,
there was a Death thread but it didnt last a very long time. Id have to say my favorite song is Spirit Crusher, and my favorite CD is Symbolic. And my favorite member is either Chuck or Andy(of ITP)
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Death has an amazing sound.

The Sound of Perseverance > Your soul

Spirit Cruuuuuuuusher!!!!!
roar
They only got better with age. Sounds of Perseverence is awesome.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Quote by Necrolust
my favorite album is "the sound of perseverance" and "leprosy" . These albums are awesome .
Chuck is my favorite band member .
Thats it !
And maybe there was a death thread .. I'm not sure.!

Sound of perserverance is the best Death album.
I think Chuck is quite underrated as a guitarist.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by alex_haeni
Sound of perserverance is the best Death album.
I think Chuck is quite underrated as a guitarist.

They are underated as a band as a whole. They basically created Death Metal and they don't get any recognition. The only time I heard of them was when Guitar World did the tribute to dead guitarist and Chuck Shuldiner was one of them. That sparked some interest I bought one of their CD's (Human) and man am I glad I did! I'm gonna get every one of their albums.
I don't think they're underrated at all.

They're quite well known in the metal community. Especially Chuck.
roar
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
They are underated as a band as a whole. They basically created Death Metal and they don't get any recognition. The only time I heard of them was when Guitar World did the tribute to dead guitarist and Chuck Shuldiner was one of them. That sparked some interest I bought one of their CD's (Human) and man am I glad I did! I'm gonna get every one of their albums.

If guitar world does a tribute to an artist, that is probably a sign that they are well know. just maybe.....

Human and symbolic are tied for my 2nd fav. death cd next to tsop.
I really enjoy Symbolic. I also love Steve DiGiorgio and Gene Hoglan's work with Death.

Just a quick question, it's James Murphy and Chuck Schuldiner on Symbolic right? I'm too lazy to wikipedia that. :P
Last edited by Tsunekuni at Aug 5, 2006,
1000 eyes,symbolic,chuck....they are the band that got me into death metal and i owe them my life for it

DEATH PWNZ!!!!!111111
Quote by Metal Matt
They only got worse with age. Sounds of Perseverence is awesome.

with the exception of the demos
Human is a brillitant album.

I got a dimarzio X2N because i wanted the Chuck sound
ahhh i hate post-Spiritual Healing death... it's got... too many hardcore elements.

Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy reign supreme over any post-Spiritual Healing Death.

Existence fading, into ashes, burn those bodies, to infernal death!!

Don't flame me, im just a fan of the oldskool DM... Pestilence, first Deicide album, Possessed, Assorted Heap, Reek of Putrefaction era Carcass, etc.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Death is amazing and Chuck was a god! Can't pick a favorite album, but my favorite song is Lack of Comprehension. RIP Chuck!
"In the name of Satan, I condemn this image of God."- Deicide "Trifixion"
Chuck has to be one of the most innovative guitarist of his time... I think personally chuck is one of my favorites..

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by rg_metal
Chuck has to be one of the most innovative guitarist of his time... I think personally chuck is one of my favorites..

Not really. You'll need a bootleg of the Mantas demo's to understand my point here.

Death were pretty stock standard thrash/heavy metal, until Chuck heard Possessed's 1986 "Seven Churches"... that's where he got the inspiration to write songs the way he did.

Trey Azaghoth was also writing very similiar, if not heavier death metal riffs around the same time, Altars of Madness just didnt get released til 1989 but.

Quote by God Book

HA!
Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy shall forever stay in my heart. THAT is the best of death metal.

RIP Chuck
Quote by twentyextysixx
ahhh i hate post-Spiritual Healing death... it's got... too many hardcore elements.

Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy reign supreme over any post-Spiritual Healing Death.

Existence fading, into ashes, burn those bodies, to infernal death!!

Don't flame me, im just a fan of the oldskool DM... Pestilence, first Deicide album, Possessed, Assorted Heap, Reek of Putrefaction era Carcass, etc.

That's cool with me but how the hell do you get hardcore elements out of late Death??

^^x2...That's true for the old stuff, but on Human and especially everything after, Chuck started doing things that people didn't really do much in the genre before.
Quote by SickMetal
That's cool with me but how the hell do you get hardcore elements out of late Death??

...from the annoying high-pitch yelling that is found completely throughout the vocals for the late death
I own TSOP and Symbolic and both are awesome. I'm going to get all their albums(don't have a fav yet), Chuck is my favorite, and I love Story to tell, Crystal Mountain, and Empty Words.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Quote by grave
...from the annoying high-pitch yelling that is found completely throughout the vocals for the late death

They are hardly "Hardcore" vocals though.

I actually enjoy the high pitched vocals in Death.
roar
Just looking at Chuck, it's kinda hard to see him creating the vocals on TSOP... how high-pitched they are. It's not as hard on Symbolic and all before, though.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Quote by Slayer224
They are hardly "Hardcore" vocals though.

how pretentious of you, eh?
Quote by Tsunekuni
I really enjoy Symbolic. I also love Steve DiGiorgio and Gene Hoglan's work with Death.

Just a quick question, it's James Murphy and Chuck Schuldiner on Symbolic right? I'm too lazy to wikipedia that. :P

Actually, Murphy was on Spiritual Healing. Bobby Koelble was on Symbolic.

Speaking of Murphy, and Spiritual Healing, his solo in that song is really cool.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
Quote by SickMetal

^^x2...That's true for the old stuff, but on Human and especially everything after, Chuck started doing things that people didn't really do much in the genre before.

alot of my girlfriend's friends listen to hardcore ****. one day i was like "what the hell, ill show them some of the later Death, sounds kinda similiar to this ****"

they digged it, end of story.

I don;t know f uck all about hardcore, they do (apparently), so im takin their word for it. Other death metal with hardcore elements would be At the Gates, at least the vocal style anyway.

Quote by God Book

HA!
I think symbolic was their best. I really enjoy Human and Individual Thought Patterns though. Ive also been looking for Spiritual Healing but I cant find it anywhere!
i personally death are the best death metal band, ok early stuff pretty poor but leprosy onwards are all good, symbolic and sound of perserevance are utterly brilliant. Spirit crusher and symbolic are my favourites and maybe the philosopher and pull the plug
It is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven

1. My friends turtle peed on me and I didnt even know turtles could pee.

member #20 of the black tooth club
member #72 of the metal militia