Page 1 of 13
What band do you think that every player in the band is awesome at everything. For me I gotta say Rush, Neil Pert (Drums) Geddy Lee (Bass) and Alex Lifeson (Guitar) are some of the most talented people on their respected instrument in the world. What band do you think is.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
YOUR MOM (guitar) and YOUR OTHER MOM on drums

Quite a talented family then.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
I think Radiohead or Muse are the most musically talented band around today.
Quote by tommyt
you see what youve done draken youve unleashed airplay upon unsuspecting teens, damn you and your self righteous reportyness

buttsecks?

"Cookies? Who said you could eat *my* cookies?!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Definately Rush...

I don't think anyone will ever be able to play complex bass and sing like geddy.

And they write great music.
Few have impressed me as much as Zappa, especially the things he did after the original Mothers Of Invention. The musicianship of the people in his bands was of an immense level. Zappa had the talent of hearing each musician's strongest points, then built his compositions around those strong points and settled for nothing less than perfection.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFHSk_lEeHk
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
YOUR MOM (guitar) and YOUR OTHER MOM on drums

MOm?! With an O? And I thought you were Irish...

Radiohead
Pink Floyd
Stevie Wonder
Chilis
Autechre
Dylan
Miles Davis
Stone Roses
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Radiohead
RHCP
Muse
Dream theater
Bob Dylan
Tool
Beatles
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
i'm gonna go with Opeth. their writing and playing style is very unique.

EDIT: Primus also, for the same reasons as Opeth.
Last edited by madbasslover at Aug 5, 2006,
Quote by Oasisy Bob
Jimi Hendrix Experience!
JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE!

agreed.

i love this man.
No.....Man, dream theatre is amazing. I think they're weird as all, but mike portnoy is the best drummer hands down.
Dream Theater, without a doubt.
Quote by Guitar_God_WIP
Volkl has God-like Nintendo knowledge

Like Nintendo? PM me for more..
dream theater
Break it down and then break it up again
Me and my guitar drowning down and down
Quote by laid_to_waste
green day

It was going to happen, wasn't it.
Quote by tommyt
you see what youve done draken youve unleashed airplay upon unsuspecting teens, damn you and your self righteous reportyness

buttsecks?

"Cookies? Who said you could eat *my* cookies?!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Quote by airplay
It was going to happen, wasn't it.

It always was.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by Oasisy Bob
Jimi Hendrix Experience!
JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE!

Word
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
Quote by TheKRGuitarist
Protest The Hero is very musically talented. They included some piano and acoustic songs on their cd and everything was amazing.

i agree with this guy. i think muse is also.
FLAMINGOS!
I would think ZZ Top. Other than Billy being one of the best guitarists alive as well as Dusty being one of the best bassists and Frank one of the best drummers, they're all singers, songwriters and multiinstrumentalists.

Billy plays guitar, harp, fiddle, baritone sax and keyboards. Dusty plays bass tenor sax and keyboards. Frank plays drums and alto sax.

Also The Beatles. Each singers songwriters and multiinstrumentalists

Ringo play drums, guitar and piano. George played guitar, piano and sitar. John played guitar, piano and harp. Paul playes guitar, bass, drums and piano.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
dragon force, rhapsody, avenged sevenfold (cept i heard the rhythm guitarist messes up alot on live shows)
Originally posted by Leftover_Crack
Punk rock is: "Haha, I fucked your mom!"
Emo is: "I had sex with your mom.. why hasn't she called?"
Quote by alex_haeni
Bob Dylan

wait...what? since when has bob dylan been extremely musically talented? the greatest songwriter of all time, but the greatest musicain? i think not.

i vote phish, they are totally organized and very complex in their music, and their freestyle jams are almost unparalleled.
Wow I'm surprised noone said Metallica, Children of Bodom, or The Who yet. I had a feeling we would get a lot of Dream Theater.
Quote by ~AdNy
wait...what? since when has bob dylan been extremely musically talented? the greatest songwriter of all time, but the greatest musicain? i think not.

i vote phish, they are totally organized and very complex in their music, and their freestyle jams are almost unparalleled.

Can you play guitar and harp at the same time?

I'm suprised at the lack of Neil Young and Velvet Underground. Neil and Lou are two of the best songwriters to ever live as well as being two of the best guitarists ever. They also bothe play piano and harp. The rest of VU was quite talented as wel. (maybe not Moe and Nico) John and Doug are incredibly talented musicians Doug plays at least four instruments and John at least three.

Burton Cummings is another that should be mentioned a lot.

Edit: Forgot The Who. The old Who not the new Who.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
finally andy, someone mentions Phish.

that being said, i'd have to say Led Zeppelin.
Quote by AdayTripper
I don't want to ****ing be known as the guy who **** himself while his whole family came over. It just happened.

Quote by SonOfOsiris
how far would you go with a boy/girl to be able to say to someone "Im am not a virgin!"

????
Quote by ufossuck
Can you play guitar and harp at the same time?

i cant, but bob dylan certaintly isnt the only person who can. ever heard of john hammond jr? he is a much better guitar player than bob dylan, and hell, a much better harp player than him too. and yes, he does them both at the same time, sometimes playing totally improvised leads with both, yes, at the same time.

EDIT: ^ yeah, i was dissapointed but not surprised that i was the first. damn UGers
why didnt you make a big poll mate, am sure everyone would do a part
The London Symphony orchestra is more talented then any rock band.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....