Hi everyone, I am aspiring to be a lead guitarist, and so far it looks pretty promising, because I've only been playing for a short time and I can solo along fairly well. I can move my fingers really fast, but my problem is hammer-ons and pull-offs and slides. I can do them, sure, but I don't do them enough. Often, my soloing can get riddled with blunt sounding noises because I don't add many of the aforementioned techniques in. Does anyone know any techniques, or a thread where I can pick up some practice tips? Right now all I do is practice going up and down a scale, hopskotch method, and hammering on and pulling off instead of just playing.

Any help would be appreciated.
^ that's basically all you can do.

or force your self to do some scales completely legato, with no pic at all. just left hand, and some tapping.

practice improve leads slowley and force your self to encorperate those techniques into your playing untill it becomes more fluent.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by gpderek09
^ that's basically all you can do.

or force your self to do some scales completely legato, with no pic at all. just left hand, and some tapping.

practice improve leads slowley and force your self to encorperate those techniques into your playing untill it becomes more fluent.

Pretty much, and just practice doing solos you know and add some in, for example, if you have a tab thats like
-12-14-12-
----------14-12

You can just practice like this
-12h14p12
----------14p12

It takes time, but eventually you'll be using them more and more.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean