hey i'll try to keep this simple. i have had my valvetronix 30 watt amp for a year now. i know that i've read that many people change the tube after bout a year-as to keep the sound as good as it was when it was new. i think my amp's distortion isn't quite as strong as it used to be. so im going to go ahead and replace the tube. so if anyone who has actually done this successfully could let me know everything they did that would help. i really do not want to send it off to get it replaced b/c it will have to be sent out of city and im not going w/out my main amp for more than a day. i really dont care wut people's opinions are on this amp i only care to know the process of changing the tube...it only contains one EL-34 i believe so i'm pretty sure it doesn't HAVE to be done professionally. thanx fellow guitarists!
Quote by slash_rocks2005
hey i'll try to keep this simple. i have had my valvetronix 30 watt amp for a year now. i know that i've read that many people change the tube after bout a year-as to keep the sound as good as it was when it was new. i think my amp's distortion isn't quite as strong as it used to be. so im going to go ahead and replace the tube. so if anyone who has actually done this successfully could let me know everything they did that would help. i really do not want to send it off to get it replaced b/c it will have to be sent out of city and im not going w/out my main amp for more than a day. i really dont care wut people's opinions are on this amp i only care to know the process of changing the tube...it only contains one EL-34 i believe so i'm pretty sure it doesn't HAVE to be done professionally. thanx fellow guitarists!

It's a preamp tube...it should last you at the very least two more years.

It's a 12AX7, not an EL34.
ok i understand but im only stating wut i have heard from more than 2 other people and have read from many and the fact that my distortion isn't as strong as it used to be....dont take me wrong im not blaming the undesired on the amp im just stating it mite be a possibility
It could be the tube, that would be the cheapest thing to try. I wouldn't think that it would be bad after a year. I have an AD15VT and an AD50VT. I've had them for over a year and no tube replacement yet. Anyway, let me know if you need advice on how to replace it. I've been in my AD15VT once to fix a jack that got pulled loose.