One of my friends is in a band where they have lots of different tunings in songs, so he needs yet another guitar. He just called me and asked about the Agile Hornet. I have the AL 3500, and I love it, but I'm not sure about the Hornet. Does anybody own it or have any experiences or opinions? I have a feeling the rest of the agiles besides the high end ALs are cheesy, but I don't know. What do you guys think? He plays thrash metal, and I beleive this one will be in Drop D. I'm not for sure. Any ideas? Heres the link. Thanks guys.

http://www.rondomusic.net/hornet.html
Pissed.
Tell him to get a les paul. Be rebellious playing a round guitar in a pointy guitar world.
Quote by FunkyO_49
Tell him to get a les paul. Be rebellious playing a round guitar in a pointy guitar world.

Or I could tell him not to be a TRENDFAG and get what he wants.
Pissed.
Jackson JS30KV or Jackson JS30RR for the same amount of money, and waaay better quality.
Quote by iceman602
Jackson JS30KV or Jackson JS30RR for the same amount of money, and waaay better quality.

^^^YES YES

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
I heard low end Jacksons suck, but then again, I HEARD.
Do they?

Oh ya, and the Hornet is made out of AGATHIS, which is tonally a step above firewood. Then again, if he likes it, he likes it.
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
Umm.. agathis sucks just as bad as that other ****.

Honestly.. you could mold a ball of feces into a guitar and it would sound better.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Hm...the Agile Hornet is $300, right?

Here's what I recommend in that general price range. The Hornet is cool looking, but you can't fix the agathis body.

Washburn WI64D
Agile AL-2800
Washburn X30
Ibanez AX120

Any of those should be pretty good. If he still really wants the hornet, let him go for it. I'm sure it will be decent. Agile is known for making great guitars. And, even though it's made of agathis, it could be higher grade agathis with better tone. You really just don't know.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ive never heard any agathis ever having any good tone and agile isnt known for making great guitars, they are known more for good guitars for the money, id say to go for an Ibanez RG321 in that price range, or save up for something better if he can wait, low end jacksons arent that good
Ok thanks a lot guys. I think that pretty much answers it. Thanks a lot for all the other reccommendations Xenn. I'll call him up and talk to him. Thanks again.
Pissed.
For about the same money check out the Hamer Vector. Another (more upscale) option would be the LTD DV-8.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.