Page 1 of 2
Which one would suit Lamb Of God/SHadows Fall better?
C1 Classic, C1 Plus or the C1 HellRaiser?
I like the look of the C1 Plus but its the sound that counts.
Quote by metallicafan180
Hellraiser

And would you say the Hellraiser would be a good guitar to get for Shadows Fall/LoG anyway?
c1 plus has duncan designed pups in it, so id say go with the hellraiser with active emgs..
Quote by OpposingForce
Im getting the c1 plus myself

Sweet! They are all great guitars in the C series.
But i made my decision of going for the Hellraiser. Ordering it on Tuesday.
Hey i was just on ebay checkin out hellraisers, and im startin to dig schecter guitars in general.. some dude has as store with blemished guitars from factories..and the prices are effin nuts..the blemishes are nothing, and some of the prices are very low..just thought id show you.. http://stores.ebay.com/STRINGS-AND-THINGS-GUITAR-WHOLESALE_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

EDIT: i am not promoting this guys store, i dont know if its considered advertising and i can get a warning or something, i just seen the prices and thought some fellow ugers could save some cash...
Last edited by d_byrne23 at Aug 5, 2006,
Quote by d_byrne23
Hey i was just on ebay checkin out hellraisers, and im startin to dig schecter guitars in general.. some dude has as store with blemished guitars from factories..and the prices are effin nuts..the blemishes are nothing, and some of the prices are very low..just thought id show you.. http://stores.ebay.com/STRINGS-AND-THINGS-GUITAR-WHOLESALE_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

EDIT: i am not promoting this guys store, i dont know if its considered advertising and i can get a warning or something, i just seen the prices and thought some fellow ugers could save some cash...

Thanks man!
Quote by d_byrne23

Thanks, bro! I was looking for some used/blem stuff. You helped alot!
Schecters are better than all other guitars, I already know that you will enjoy your new guitar fromt the most Superior brand on the planet.
No problem fellas...honestly i was on ebay and typed in hellraiser, and seen the prices and was like wtf problem one of those foreign bastards who sell fake ones, then i looked and was amazed, like cosmetic blemishes dont bother me at all..guitars over time usually get scratched somehow, and if u can save a couple hundred over a missing letter or slight nick in paint, mine as well in my opinion
its preference really. If you want loud metal crunchy sound, definately the hellraiser with EMG's. But maybe more of a classic tone, better for rock and such, maybe the C-1 Classic.

I love metal, blues, jazz, rock, so i think im gonna get a C-1 classic, i think the pickups are much more versatile in getting the sound of other things too, but thats just my 2 cents
^I hear ya but i think for him with his heavier tastes, the emgs will do it best for him..I've owned 2 guitars with duncan designed pups in it, their not horrible..but i would in his situation much rather the emgs...
C-1 Elite!
it kick's ass.
i have one.
and love it so much.
=]
although....
i would love the syn custom.
haha.
but yeah
i agree with the person up there^^

i got mine on ebay with a blemish for like 400 dollars brand new shipped.
and there's nothing wrong with it at all!
i searched the guitar over and over looking for a blem.
couldn't find anything
better than having to pay another 200 dollars for one.
=] goodluck
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
yeah my next guitar i think will be a schecter, im into metal..and I use to be always wanting a guitar with a thin neck..i started with a squier tom delonge (ouch i know), bit then i bought a jackson slsmg, got rid of it couldnt get used to the neck, Dk2 couldnt get use to it, now i found a jackson hardtail with a schecter type neck, not to thin, not to wide, and it feels amazing, so once my play gets better im gunna buy hopefully a hellraiser, maybe even the 7 string one..nice feeling and sounding guitars
wut about changing the emg85 to a emg60 - i here the 60 is one of the best humbucker pickups in terms of playing clean and i hear that the 81 is by far the best distorted pup

Edit - on the hellraiser i mean
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
Last edited by The Unforgaven at Aug 6, 2006,
Quote by The Unforgaven
wut about changing the emg85 to a emg60 - i here the 60 is one of the best humbucker pickups in terms of playing clean and i hear that the 81 is by far the best distorted pup

Edit - on the hellraiser i mean

you could most certainly do that, im debating throwing a 81/60 combo in my jackson, or just buying a hellraiser myself..cheers
The only problem is I really adore the look of the Vintage Sunburst.
Do ye know of any Schecter guitars with that look but still have a real good metal tone?
Quote by 11thHour
The only problem is I really adore the look of the Vintage Sunburst.
Do ye know of any Schecter guitars with that look but still have a real good metal tone?

The C-1 Classic has a sunburst finish i think....
that ones pretty cool....
and the C-1 Elite has one too.
and that ones freeking awesome for metal.
haha.
but their both awesome.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
The Flame Maple on the CT-Plus is what Im looking for but I am being told the sound wont suit Lamb Of God/SHadows Fall etc and that I should get the Hellraiser.
But I want a metal sound from a classic looking guitar.
yea, why not just change the pickups then? Put EMG's or some other metal pup in it, and it will be just as good as a hellraiser for metal, depending if you need a trem.

I do really love the Hellraisers though. I have a C-7, and it's a great playing and sounding guitar, one of the best 7 strings I've ever played.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Hey i'm into lamb of god,shadows fall,all that remains and so on and i bought c1 classic.....still in the post but when it does get here i'll be sure to let ya know how it is
Quote by mr_fruitbowl
Hey i'm into lamb of god,shadows fall,all that remains and so on and i bought c1 classic.....still in the post but when it does get here i'll be sure to let ya know how it is

Thanks dude! Eventually I will switch the pups but,
I just want to know would the tone from the Plus be pretty sweet untill I get the Emgs?
Quote by 11thHour
Thanks dude! Eventually I will switch the pups but,
I just want to know would the tone from the Plus be pretty sweet untill I get the Emgs?

hey man, ive got a plus and shadows fall is my favorite band, so listen up. even though theyre duncan designed passives with covers, as long as youve got a decient dirty tone youll befine. i use a solid state crate and a digitech metal master and i can get their almost exact tone.
Quote by cubedeathk
Schecters are better than all other guitars, I already know that you will enjoy your new guitar fromt the most Superior brand on the planet.

If that's not biased then I don't know what is. What an idiot.

I own a Schecter C/SH1 and I love it, but they are not the best guitar company. Maybe you should try playing them before you order one online? You can get Shadows Falls and Lamb of God sounds out of a Duncan set as well as EMG's. It is pretty much pointless buying the Hellraiser for the EMG's if you're not running it through a tube or valvestate amp. Next time, just go out and play for yourself.
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
If that's not biased then I don't know what is. What an idiot.

I own a Schecter C/SH1 and I love it, but they are not the best guitar company. Maybe you should try playing them before you order one online? You can get Shadows Falls and Lamb of God sounds out of a Duncan set as well as EMG's. It is pretty much pointless buying the Hellraiser for the EMG's if you're not running it through a tube or valvestate amp. Next time, just go out and play for yourself.

Sweet.
No where around here have any Schecters in the shops.
Quote by 11thHour
And would you say the Hellraiser would be a good guitar to get for Shadows Fall/LoG anyway?

definetely
Quote by metallicafan180
definetely

I meant to say the C1-Plus.

So would the C1- Plus be good for LoG anyway?
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
whats your amp/pedals?

Roland 60 watt, Boss Me 50 and a Metal Master.
Quote by cubedeathk

RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by 11thHour
Roland 60 watt, Boss Me 50 and a Metal Master.

yeah youll be fine. hell lamb of god uses duncans, invaders and jb, and the plus has duncan designed. just get the guitar and swap the pups later if needed
If you want less string tension to really bend those artificial harmonics and make em squeel like Zakk Id get teh C1 Plus and change pups. Its the only C series with a 24.75" scale vs. 25.5" for the rest of the C's.
Quote by 11thHour
So ye think I will do ok with Plus? (thanks for all the help by the way)

yes. hell before i got on here i was playing "laid to rest" by lamb of god with my plus and it sounded just like it.
Just make sure you heavily consider the black cherry version since it looks sooooooooooooooo good, the sun burst is ok, but holy crap, the cherry is the best looking guitar in the world (my opinion). Schecter really needs to start making some of their other stuff available in flamed black cherry, I think it smites the quilted.

Also, I really love schecters and was set on getting one, but if you're used to a guitar with strat sized string spacing, you will definately want to try one out before you buy, in my opinion they are great for rhythem (I hate that word, I can never tell if its spelled right) but not so great for fast lead stuff if you have big hands like me.
Page 1 of 2