I have been playing the guitar for a little over seven months now I have realized something, I have only learned riffs, songs, a couple chords and I wanted to start practicing on my rhythm guitar playing. I read somewhere that I would never be a good guitar player if I didn't know how to play rhythm. I was wondering if you guys could tell me some of the basics on playing rhythm guitar. Also if there were any sites that could help me develop my rhythm guitar playing it would be highly appreciated. Thanx for any and all help.
well, the first thing you should do is learn all the basic major and minor chords. that will give you a good start toward rhythm playing. then you can learn barre chords and seventh chords for a larger variety of rhythm technique. And if like metal you should study your power chords. And some of the lessons on this website have interesting information on rhythm that you should use.
If you wanted to learn some more about chords i would strongly advise going to a local shop (preferably a music one) and buying a chord book. Alternatibely try looking on the interent as there are several sites which have all these chords for your reference. http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/ would be an example of a website with the chords on.

But like the person above me said learn all teh major and minor chords and then move on to things like Barre chords and power chords. Then as he said for the variation look into seventh chords. If you wanted to you could also look into the theory behind these chords looking into their structure and how their made up. But thats up to you
Timing is very important. Without good timing the rhythm will sound awful.

Invest in a metronome.
Quote by Free
Timing is very important. Without good timing the rhythm will sound awful.

Invest in a metronome.

Seconded, Can't believe i forgot to mention it...