youngpadowone
alternative for life.....
22 IQ
i want to by a good amp for band practises and small gigs for grunge style rock

Gear:
-squier strat
-squier bass
-and fender jagstang (kurt cobain signature series)
deadmansdiary
slave to sacrifice
929 IQ
randalls have good distortion grungy sounds

either the 75 watt or 100 watt
Pearson
197 IQ
Arg, heres some advice. Make your own style, try out amps see what sound you like. Really there isnt anyway to find a amp you like other than testing them out. I cant believe people buy the Jagstang, its just a guitar that kurt made, who from what i know, he wasnt no Leo Fender.
ark
Gotta Love That Sound
502 IQ
i like the tone of fenders for grunge, eventhough its not a must, but you might want to look into a nice fender tube combo. Then throw some over the top distortion, like a ds-1, and bring in a nice fuzz pedal, or a big muff, that'd grunge it up. My advice is to not buy a pedal that says 'grunge' pedal. They are very generic and un interesting IMO. Create your own sound, but yaa, if you wanted to figure somewhere to start, i say fender amps.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
thebrewfan
2,003 IQ
Get a Hotrod Deluxe or a Twin Reverb, something of that nature. Then get a DS-1. If you get the Twin and throw a DS-1 infront of it and you play a fat strat you've basicly got the exact same set up as most songs on Nevermind by Nirvana (without the chorus of course and I'm not sure about the guitar but I know he used that pedal and that amp for recording). If you want a Pearl Jam sound, easy. Twin or the Hotrod then put a TS-9(DX maybe?) infront of it and there you go. Those are usually the two people try for when they say grunge but if its not the case post back and say that its not.
keeponrockin
241 IQ
Quote by thebrewfan
Get a Hotrod Deluxe or a Twin Reverb, something of that nature. Then get a DS-1. If you get the Twin and throw a DS-1 infront of it and you play a fat strat you've basicly got the exact same set up as most songs on Nevermind by Nirvana (without the chorus of course and I'm not sure about the guitar but I know he used that pedal and that amp for recording). If you want a Pearl Jam sound, easy. Twin or the Hotrod then put a TS-9(DX maybe?) infront of it and there you go. Those are usually the two people try for when they say grunge but if its not the case post back and say that its not.

I'm basically getting the same setup. The clean on the Twin is to die for, and with the right pedals, you will get the distortion sound.
jonnyguitarman
Banned
1,370 IQ
I once saw a blues band and the guy was playin an old strat into an Ibanez tubescreamer into a fender twin and it was one of the best guitar sounds I've EVER heard !
DunlopGuy
PwnEd LeiK RigHT?
362 IQ
i <3 my fender twin and keeley pedals

i don't care what ya say, i can get ANY sound from my setup.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
zekk
I am me as you are we
3,438 IQ
Kurt and Eddie (Vedder) used many fender amp's and Duel Rectafiers. More often there tone is based on distortion pedals.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
cubedeathk
A Reasonable UGer
203 IQ
Didnt Kurt use a bassman? you could consider one of those
zekk
I am me as you are we
3,438 IQ
With a Hot Rod youd need a really powerfull Overdrive or distortion pedal.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.