I searched and came up empty. If there is an existing thread for this band , please notify me before flaming me so i can delete this thread..
Anyway , who likes this band , which is your favorite album ? Which singer do you like best in this band ?
Discuss.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Never took the time to check out Savatage, but the frontman's side project kicks ass. The Middle Of Nowhere is excellent and a enw album is due in fall
Quote by Horvat
Never heard of them... What bands are they similar to?

None . They have their own style. and they kick ass. You should listen to "jesus saves" or "warriors" "morphine child"(the best) . they formed in 1978 and they still kick ass. their style varies in each album . there is hard rock , metal , ballads , orchestral and all kinds of shiit . check it out.

as far as icarus reply...
It is your opinion and its understood.. but do not trash it just because you dont like it.
Last edited by Necrolust at Aug 5, 2006,
yeah, it's cool dude. i was into this band actually for a short time, then realized that power metal wasn't my thing.
I listen to this band since i was in my dads testicals swimming with the other semen.lol. I listen to other stuff but i never forget the melody and the quality of this band weather i am listening to black or death metal . I never bash other genres and I appreciate the music of every band in every genre. peace Bro .
not to mention the guitarist formed Trans Siberian Orchestra, which automatically makes them awesome.
Quote by Night_Lights
not to mention the guitarist formed Trans Siberian Orchestra, which automatically makes them awesome.

Which one ? Criss oliva died ! Chris Caffery formed another band which i dont remember their name and Jon oliva (the vocalist , composer and leader of this band) Formed "jon Olivas Pain".
nah man, go back to the first Savatage album

If you want to hear the origins of drop-D tuning outside of blues n' roots, this is your album.

The album is Sirens, i think it's 1982 - the first two tracks are all you need to be convinced, Sirens and Holocaust.

Back in the day people talked about Kill Em All being the heaviest thing since sliced bread, but i think many people simply looked over this album, perhaps because it wasn't thrash.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by twentyextysixx
nah man, go back to the first Savatage album

If you want to hear the origins of drop-D tuning outside of blues n' roots, this is your album.

The album is Sirens, i think it's 1982 - the first two tracks are all you need to be convinced, Sirens and Holocaust.

Back in the day people talked about Kill Em All being the heaviest thing since sliced bread, but i think many people simply looked over this album, perhaps because it wasn't thrash.

Absolutely true mate.. I dont have anything to add..
Quote by chemicalsolutio
^ that was quite terrible. And vocals were extremely bad.

Yeah cause the original singer didnt sing ! Another singer sung those songs instead and they lost their touch /meaning / beauty

EDIT:but at least they got melody unlike other "bands" who melt the pick amongst the strings thinking they make music by screaming horrible lyrics and banging to a 400 tempo drum beat . < which i also like but I hate when ppl bash another genre without any constructive criticism
Last edited by Necrolust at Aug 6, 2006,
just wanted to say that "Believe" Is one of the greatest, most epic songs I've ever heared.
savatage rocks. I also like "this isnt what we meant" greate song!
Quote by Necrolust
EDIT:but at least they got melody unlike other "bands" who melt the pick amongst the strings thinking they make music by screaming horrible lyrics and banging to a 400 tempo drum beat . < which i also like but I hate when ppl bash another genre without any constructive criticism

Anyways, the Sirens video was okay, but I'll check out their other songs later.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Last edited by Gman400 at Oct 22, 2006,
I just picked up The Wake of Magellan last week. It kicks a lot of ass, methinks.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Hall of the Mountain King is one of my favourite songs of all time, I love it but its a shame about the sound quality.

They're a great prog/power/neo-classical metal band. Too bad Criss died in the most anti-metal way - being hit by a car while crossing the road.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
<3 Streets, Edge Of Thorns and Hall Of The Mountain King.

Anyone else think that the solo in He Carves His Stone is one of the most metal moments ever? Criss Oliva acheived the best tone ever on Edge Of Thorns.

I'm a fan of what I've heard from both singers, you can hear that Jon is really struggling in Streets, so they made the right decision to bring in a new singer.
I love Savatage. Hall of the Mountain King, Gutter Ballet, Sirens, etc. they rule the school.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
Look. The band is just GREAT.Its a rock heavy metal band...Its difficult to describe...Both Oliva and Schneider are great but Olivas=Savatage...so i guess Jon is the best singer...

CRISS WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!
You gotta start from the beggining with savatage... Sirens being kinda heavy, Hall Of The mountain King heavier until you reach their symphonic metal stuff..

Jon Oliva > Zak Stevens on vocals.
I've only heard Hall Of The Mountain King a couple of times on the radio, it was decent, but I'm not sure if its my type of music.
Damn... this thread needs to be resurrected. Such an epic band deserves more attention.

Anyhoo: Sirens or Hall Of the Mountain King? Those are probably my two favorite albums by them, and it's hard to pick.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Great band, my favorite album of them is Hall of the mountain king! damn, that title song!
My will power is just strong enough for me not to type out the chorus of Hall of the Mountain King in huge font. I may not be so strong next time I visit this thread.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Madness reigns.... in the Hall of the Mountain King!!!
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Bump.

The Wake of Magellan, anyone?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie