Hey people, i here this music and i think, how the hell do they get so metal out of a JCM 800? My friend said mods, is there a website that shows amp mods? i already googled it and nothing good came up, and dont saysplwan beacuse i want to do it myself

EDIT: look at this page

http://www.blueguitar.org/new/schem/marshall/modnotes/jcm900mod.gif

when it says bypass, it mean i just solder a wire to where it shows?, or do i ned to remove the part
Last edited by llanafreak44 at Aug 5, 2006,
jcm 800 is a single channel

just use an overdrive pedal in front of it, ill pull up zakk's settings...

Amp:
treb-10,
mid-8,
bass-10,
pre gain-10,
master- 4-6

wylde overdrive pedal
Gain: 5-8
Level: 5-8
Tone: 5-6

Edit: if youre using the jcm 900, its a different story, just put it on the clean channel and crank the preamp level
but on the distortion channel it should be no problem
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Last edited by powerage225 at Aug 5, 2006,
well i think powerrage pointed out that you have a jcm 900 not an 800 so how do you expect this to work thre two different amps
I'm not real sure if this is off topic or much help to the guy who started this, but, I would think that modding an amp wont give you the results you desire. Sure, it will change the sound somewhat, but as I tell everyone I build guitars for, if you want their exact sound then you have to use the exact stuff they use. If you trying to get Zakk Wyldes sound then use his stuff. Rhoads the same. If you try to play something by Zakk Wylde on a strat that he played on his LP, then your not going to get his sound.
nah man im not trying to get their sound, i was just wondering how they got high gain from a not so high gain amp, and i was just going to mod my JCM 900 beacuse i want to see if that "3 solid state parts" made a difference on the sound
hi gain from a low gain amp....see my above post

ps. you have a high gain amp

pps.

you spelt Zakk wrong
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix

/runs
actually, its not a combonination of low gain pedal and high gain amp,
the secret is lightly overdriven pedal + lightly od amp = blown hell
sorry for all the ..."zakk says zakk says", but he described his amp as an 'AC/DC' tone, add od pedal, and youve got straight up black label moonshine
Quote by EZLN libertad

/runs