I just bought a guitar off a friend of mine. He said it cost him about $700. It's a Washburn Maverick Series Model BT-4 Q/CS. I'm new to the guitar world, so I'm not sure of anything about it. What I'd like to know is if it's worth anything and if it's any good. Here are pics.

Front
Back
Last edited by lpjordy at Aug 5, 2006,
Quote by lpjordy
I just bought a guitar off a friend of mine. He said it cost him about $700. It's a Washburn Maverick Series Model BT-Q/CS. I'm new to the guitar world, so I'm not sure of anything about it. What I'd like to know is if it's worth anything and if it's any good. Here are pics.

Front
Back

Im pretty sure that your friend didn't pay $700 for it, and I hope the price you paid for it didn't even approach that. I didn't find the exact model, but it's pretty close.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Washburn-BT-2-Q-VS-Electric-Guitar-Maverick-series_W0QQitemZ250013305660QQcmdZViewItem
You didn't say if it was a BT-2, or BT-4 or whatever models have you,,,but it doesn't seem that there is that much of a price discrepancy between the two. Just out of curiosity, how much did you buy it for?

EDIT: It looks as if yours is a BT-4 and not a BT-2, since the selector switch is up top.
Last edited by rokket2005 at Aug 5, 2006,
I saw that one on eBay at that price. We said I'd pay $300 , but I haven't paid yet. Hopefully he will let the price drop once I tell him what it's worth. He said something like it's like the one Dimebag Darrel used or something. I doubt it was actually used by him, and I hope he doesn't think it was.

And it's a BT-4. I must've mistyped it.
Quote by lpjordy
I saw that one on eBay at that price. We said I'd pay $300 , but I haven't paid yet. Hopefully he will let the price drop once I tell him what it's worth. He said something like it's like the one Dimebag Darrel used or something. I doubt it was actually used by him, and I hope he doesn't think it was.

And it's a BT-4. I must've mistyped it.

Yeah, Dime definently did not use a BT series guitar. He used Washburns for a while, the model name escapes me now, unless it was called a Dime,,,which it might've been. If I were you I'd try to talk him down to at least, at *least* 150,, 300 is way too much for this guitar, especially used. If you cant talk him down that low, you'll have little trouble finding a guitar just as nice as that new for less than $300.
Quote by rokket2005
Yeah, Dime definently did not use a BT series guitar. He used Washburns for a while, the model name escapes me now, unless it was called a Dime,,,which it might've been. If I were you I'd try to talk him down to at least, at *least* 150,, 300 is way too much for this guitar, especially used. If you cant talk him down that low, you'll have little trouble finding a guitar just as nice as that new for less than $300.

Thanks. I have one I bought off eBay that cost me about $60, but I figured this one would be of better quality. I'm definately going to try and talk him into dropping the price.