I read somewhere that putting vaseline jelly on the nut (or getting a graphite nut) will help keep strings in tune when using the whammy bar. Is this true? I just have a normal plastic nut for my strat
ha, wouldnt it actually make the strings loosen easier... cuase if you put vaseline on it wouldnt it reduce the friction on the nut so the string would be able to slip easier?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Take the plate off the back, and re-arrange the springs in the shape of a V.

Put one spring in the first hole on the bridge, and connect that to the second claw. Put the other spring in the last hole in the bridge, and connect that to the 4th claw. Hope you can understand that lol.

Or use 5 springs in the back. It's harder to use the bar but it works.

I have the V shape with 2 springs on an old strat and it works great. You can abuse the bar alot.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Crush up a pencil lead into a dust, and mix that with Oil In One(i think is the name) and rub it in the nut grooves.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
how did u figure that out
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
all this oil stuff sounds like its going to leave something sticky and gross on your nut, which will get onto the first fret and your fingers while you play, and make your guitar a really bad experience for awhile... id advise to get the graphite nut.
fender suggests chapstick or nut sauce.

but keeping the bridge level works even better.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Like Stop Messin' said, putting 5 springs work very well. The whammy bar will be a little harder to use but it just matter of time to get used to. The only issue is that you can't use the bridge on semi-floating mode.