so im just learning how to double thumb, and im starting to get a hang of it. but what would be really helpful is if i knew where to use it. i would try to learn some wooten stuff but that would probably be a little to hard right now. so does could anyone post some simple double thumbing licks with stuff like the basic up/down stuff or even stuff like from the wooten video where he will do up/down/pop.

so if you could post some licks that would be awesome and im sure would be appreciated by more than just me.
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
^haha ya thats why im asking, beacause im getting pissed of trying to learn that third phrasing in classical thump.

thanks for the link
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria

PM if interested
i find the easiest way to learn techniques like that is to take a lick you can play while asleep, and adapt it. i wish i had a link to my intro to U-Fig by SOAD. i double slapped and popped the guitar line. now, it deosnt sound by any means right for the song, but its good practice, take something you know, change it a little
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
well if you want an example, try out higher ground. you'll probly all flame me for it being a slap-noob lick, but try speeding it up so you have to double pop. even slap the octaves, it sounds so much better than popping once youve got it
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
http://www.munkio.com/music/music_lessons.html

These helped me, but after a while I just stopped trying to learn it. I would never need to double thump in a band situation, so it was kind of a waste of time to start learning, as cool as it sounds to play "Classical Thump".

That guy lives quite close to where I live. I might check him out... been thinking about bass lessons for a while. A decent rate too.
^I would definatly go for it. He is a very well respected TalkBass member, and is extremely helpful. Plus he has a nice Warwick

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by bassmonkey16
well if you want an example, try out higher ground. you'll probly all flame me for it being a slap-noob lick, but try speeding it up so you have to double pop. even slap the octaves, it sounds so much better than popping once youve got it

haha, im one step ahead of you man, thats what ive been doing up until now
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria

PM if interested
double thumping is easy once you get the hang of it. just practice it, thats all i can tell you. play your scales and such using it. just watch that your arm and thumb stay still, its your wrist that should be controlling the action.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
^I would definatly go for it. He is a very well respected TalkBass member, and is extremely helpful. Plus he has a nice Warwick

I know! His Warwick is beautiful. Turns out I bought my Warwick at the same shop as he did... though his is still much nicer.

He just replied to me about possible lessons this weekend. Thanks Incubus_SCIENCE for that link! Came exactly when I needed it.