Hi!
I've been looking forward to buy a new guitar but I still can't decide and I want to know which guitar brand is best for metal/metalcore, I've been thinking about the S520EX, S470 or RG1570 of Ibanez, but I don't know about the other brands.
Can you share your thoughts?

Sorry forgot to write budget:
price around $500 - $620
Quote by Dave_Mc
Aw, dammit, I thought this was about the "half-naked chicks giveaway" with the pictures of guitars...

Quote by guitarphillip
what the hell you have 3 guitars and yet you dont know how to do power chords may god have mercy on your soul.
Last edited by Firzen at Aug 5, 2006,
ESP MH-400
Jackson Dinky
Jackson RR3
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

thanks for your answers but it will really help me a lot more if you tell me why those guitars are good.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Aw, dammit, I thought this was about the "half-naked chicks giveaway" with the pictures of guitars...

Quote by guitarphillip
what the hell you have 3 guitars and yet you dont know how to do power chords may god have mercy on your soul.
Don't all those Ibanez listed above have speed necks, such the Wizard or Wizard II? I've got a great RG570, which is the model that preceeded the RG1570. But the neck is very shallow from front to back. It is great for 4 finger speed play, and isn't bad at all once you get used to it.
But any of the guitars mentioned above should be able to get the sound and playability you're after. If you don't need a locking trem, I'd say get a guitar without it. Other than that, if you want the meat and feel of a thicker neck, the models by Jackson and ESP LTD and Schecter may provide.
Finally, you may want to consider getting a pick up replacement with any of these models? You know, play test it for a couple of months through your rig, etc.
Ibanez, ibanez, ibanez. All the way. All those models you listed are pretty cool, but check out the Iceman.
The iceman is cool but I'm thinking of using the trem, about the RG1570 and the S520EX - S470 (which I suppose there's not much difference from the S520 and S470) which is better. Also what about the ESP m-200FM, MH - 250? any jackson models?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by guitarphillip
I say ESP because the guitars are mahogany hence darker toned which is better for downtunning which i guess you do as you play hardcore. so look into ESP great guitars fast necks great finishes great guitars for the price. anything above a 400 series is awesome. like the MH-400
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I like ESPs the most. I love everything about my viper 400.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
id say a schecter hellraiser with original floyd, better then the liscensed floyds obv and comes with emgs..yay
^ Ibanez EDGE>OFR !!!!
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
If you want a trem, I would get an Ibanez RG1570, I have one and it's perfect for metal. It has one of the best trems out of the guitars in it's price range. The neck is super sleek and fast, I love it. The only other guitar I think stands toe to toe with it is the Schecter, but I hate Schecter's necks, just feel gunky and blah. I guess the neck preference is the only thing that set the RG and Hellraiser apart
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ Ibanez EDGE>OFR !!!!

not from my experiences, i talked to a guitar tech from a local music store, and he had problems with the edge pros on 2 RG2620's..he recommended me an OFR, he told me from what he has come back in the store, they were the most efficient, maybe just a fluke who knows
i think u can guess my suggestion
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Quote by IbanezxXx
i think u can guess my suggestion

hmmm that's a though one...let me guess....
ok don't tell me....
come on, don't tell me I'm guessing.....
sh!t,f*ck,omfg!! I can't guess

lol just kidding, but what model? S520EX/470 or RG1570?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by guitarphillip
i have 2 rg's i chose them for the 24 frets, i have an old 370, used, beat to **** but sounds pretty good, but im saving up for a 1570 myself
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Id go for a jackson.
I tried to make a signature listing all my gear, but I couldn't for 2 reasons.

1. I couldn't remember all my gear
2. My signature was too long for UG to process.
if you can get up to the $700 necessary for the rg1570, then I recommend that. Though it would benefit from a pickup change not too far down the line.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
OK all the guitars listed seem pretty good really you need to get out and play them to decide what you like best.

The 1570 is awesome but it needs a pick up swap

The Hellraiser is good but im personally not a fan of the necks they seem to gunk up quick

The ESP M series guitars are good as well but the LFR is hit and miss you will probably need to swap it
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I was reading another thread and I found that droppping tune in S470/S520 it's diffcult beacause of the tremolo, how dificult it is? What do I have to do to drop the tuning?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by guitarphillip
I second the jackson dk2. I've played many and finally bought one.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
LTD's 400 series are fantastic guitars - The EC and Viper series are my favourites, but it looks like you want a floyd rose so look into the MH series.

EDIT: Oh, you want to change tunings a lot? I'd give the floyd rose a miss if you do and go for an EC400/500 or a Viper 400/500.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by turbopunk2000
Ibanez, ibanez, ibanez. All the way. All those models you listed are pretty cool, but check out the Iceman.

i agree.
jackson doesnt make very good low end guitars for 500 and ESP is mainly for metal ( so i hear)

you cant go wrong with an ibanez. Fast Necks Decent PICkups and good Trem.
Quote by GizmoKaKa
My face resembles a buttocks.

Quote by guitar?
I used to hold down my dog and piss on it. I don't have a dog anymore.
Quote by Firzen
I was reading another thread and I found that droppping tune in S470/S520 it's diffcult beacause of the tremolo, how dificult it is? What do I have to do to drop the tuning?

You can do dropped tunings with a FR, but the trem will tilt further into the cavity unless you loosen the spring tention. If you didnt switch tunings alot, the FR would be ok. As for the Edge trem. I would rather have on of those than an FR. I have a 1988 Ibanez RG550. Bought it new in 1988 (I was 17). I have played this guitar a lot. It has survived military moves. Its was with me in Desert Storm, and has survived several abuse sessions by my two kids. I havn't changed the strings in 2 years, and its still in tune.

Good luck in your endevors.
Quote by timi_hendrix
LTD's 400 series are fantastic guitars - The EC and Viper series are my favourites, but it looks like you want a floyd rose so look into the MH series.

EDIT: Oh, you want to change tunings a lot? I'd give the floyd rose a miss if you do and go for an EC400/500 or a Viper 400/500.

Well I don't think I'll be changing tuning alot, I use Drop C mainly and sometimes(rare) I use Drop D and standard, Will I have trouble with those tuning and the S series tremolo?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by guitarphillip