I keep getting told im gunna regret buying the AVT275X, but why?
Quote by heartbreaker101
Yeah emo is more depressing because you know that you'll never get that wasted time back
ok

im going to tellyou straight foward

They suck, if you get it youll like it at first then youll develop an ear for tone and youl think it sucks and youll be unhappy
haha, what do you recommend then? for 150w for bout $1500AUD
Quote by heartbreaker101
Yeah emo is more depressing because you know that you'll never get that wasted time back
First, you don't need 150 watts. The reason they make amps with solid state power amps so powerful is for headroom. You'll get the same volume out of less than 100 watts tube, and it will actually sound good when it clips, not nasty. But if you have $1,500 to spend, I'd look at all tube amps. The problem with the AVT is that it's hybrid, and a tube preamp doesn't do a whole hell of a lot. It's mostly a marketing ploy and an excuse to charge you more for what is otherwise a solid state amp. If you like Marshall, looked for a used JCM 800 or JCM 900 (they aren't made anymore). The JCM 2000s are awesome, but out of your price range. I don't know what other brands are sold down under, so can't help you more than that.
Hi, I'm Peter
D/TSL? 60, is probably as high as i need to go, but anygood? The only TSL iv seen around here is the 100, so im asuming the others (60 etc) sound very similar, any cab suggestions? if it helps i tend to play Metallica/Megadeath sort of meatl, which is not all that often, i play jazz and funk, and some Overdriven stuff, anyway i should be looking?
Quote by heartbreaker101
DSL401. its in your price range and it pwns.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Why do you need that much wattage?
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
you cant afford an engl screamer.

in his prioce range is
-Marshall DSL401
Marshall TSL 601
a few used amps (old 5150 combos, if he's lucky)
No Mesa's
NO Engls.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
aye, I'd get a dsl over a tsl if you play a wide variety of stuff. And the dsl has plenty of gain for megadeth, in my opinion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?