im gettin a bass tremolo hopefully soon, but just a question to anyone has/has played a bass with a whammy. do you really have to crank that sunofabiitch to get a good bend?or does its go smooth like a like a guitar whammy?
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Never tried one

Sounds fun though B)
Avast Ye Scurvy Scalawags!

Pirate Gear:

Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Series 10 5-String Bass
Vintage 70s Ampeg SVT/SVT 8x10 Cab
Ibanez GSA 60 Guitar
Roland Cube 15 Amp
Yamaha DD-55 Drum Machine
TASCAM 424 Portastudio
is this a locking trem or a whammy that your talking about. a trem i suppose would take some pulling on to get a good effect. a simple dive only whammy wouldnt take much.

just so you know though, i have never even seen a bass trem, im just goin by my guitar knowledge
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
wow. whmmy bass. never heard of it...i would imagine divebobs would go easy enough. but there is a tension difference, to trem would be a little different than guitar. i guess i really wouldnt know since ive never seen this before....maaaaaaybe try it out if you're unsure
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
Les Claypool of primus has one

Beat me to it.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
They are extremely well engineered, and therefore very good, but very expensive. Ive played a Warmoth with one and as long as the massive routing doesnt bother you, I'd say go for it. The one I played had some balance issues, possibly because of the extra routing involved with a trem.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Here's mine.

And here's a back side shot....

Mine has a Kahler trem on it. There's a few different types on the market today. Hipshot, ABM, & Kahler. Both the Hipshot & ABM bridge require a ton of wood to be routed out of the back in order to make room for the springs. While the Kahler is the most expensive one out there, it's the best one IMO.

Mine stays in tune really well. I have no problem with it at all. I use it for bending harmonics mostly.

Do yourself a favor, save your money. I wouldn't spend the money on another one.