Hey, when I get my job, I can get the RG321MH in a week. Is this guitar a REALLY good guitar? I want a guitar that will last me a long time and won't break down on me. I can always chnage the pickups, just I don't want it to break down when I need it.

THanks in Advance.
I love my 321, ive had it for almost 2 years and it has yet to break down on me. the stock pickups are ok but dont expect to be blown away by them. i put seymours in mine and added a custom paint job only because i didnt like the royal blue that mine came with and I will never get rid of this guitar. and since its hardtail you dont have to worry about the crappy trem problem thats common on most lower end rg's, and plus its perfect if you play in drop tunings. Its def. the BEST guitar in its price range imo.....
Dude if you can get the 350 or whatever for a 321, how 'bout you work for a month and make over 1k and buy a quality professional guitar that won't need new pickups and will last long?
haha
^ +1 on steve. though if you want a cheap guitar, i prefer the lag matt design jet guitar to the rg321. it may not be available where you are though ( they're french).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just my opinion, but I personally think the RG321MH is a great guitar for the price, as long as you don't need a trem. My friend has one, and it can be a really nice sounding/playing guitar. The mahogany body w/3 piece maple neck is excellent for it's price range. It needs a pup swap IMO, but I would change the stock pups in any Ibanez under the JEM and J-Customs. I'm not a big fan of IBZ pups. The wizard II is a very decent playing neck too. I have an older RG320FM, and after a pup and trem change, it's not that far off from my prestige RG1570 IMHO.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I loved my RG321MHGN. I played it one day and sent it back to MF. Reason; shipping damage, not slight damage. Someone rammed something through the box into the guitar. On the other hand it played and sounded great. The action was too high for my taste but thats easily remedied.

I have yet to read any post in any Forum or on any ratings site that reviewed this guitar. the RG321MH GN. The grey nickel one. Yeah its just a color difference, blah blah blah.

My 3 Cents.
the BEST guitar in the 250 - 300 price range.

unmatchable.

i mean c'mon, look at the specs for christ sake.
mahogany body

guitars in that price range carries agathis body.

very basic yet powerful machine.
i'm getting one tomorow.
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

Quote by Jetty
the BEST guitar in the 250 - 300 price range.

unmatchable.

i mean c'mon, look at the specs for christ sake.
mahogany body

guitars in that price range carries agathis body.

very basic yet powerful machine.
i'm getting one tomorow.

Lags are better imo, and they're slightly cheaper too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Lags are better imo, and they're slightly cheaper too.

They're good looking too. Shame I haven't ever seen any on this side of the pond.

+1 to the work three weeks and get an RG1570 instead idea.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
+1 to the work three weeks and get an RG1570 instead idea.

+1 on the save bit, but the 1570 is basswood, he's asking about the mahogany 321 which makes me think he wants a mahogany guitar.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^^^to everyone that said work some more and save up before you get a new guitar, that all depends on how long youve been playing. the last thing you want to do is to go out and buy a 600 dollar guitar and then put it down in a few months and not pick it up again. idk how long youve been playing but i never suggest anyone under 2 years ever spending alot of money on tons of gear. But ive never seen the lags that dave is talking about, but strictly speaking on the 321, its a good quality guitar. hope you find what your looking for....
^ The higher quality/price the more:

A) Chance he'll enjoy playing it longer
B) Better the sound will be
C) Better it will hold quality, so if he puts it down in 6 months a 350 dollar guitar will get him ~ 225 max, if he gets a 700 dollar guitar he can manage to sell it for ~ 600.
haha
have you played one man? It's not like we're talking about some pos, it's really an anomaly in the lower end RG's. Plus, even with your resale scenario, you're talking about a $25 difference in what he gets back overall. Also, who would buy a $600 used guitar if the new one is only $700?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I have, it's a nice affordable guitar, but when he's making 350 a week why settle?
haha
Quote by Erock503
have you played one man? It's not like we're talking about some pos, it's really an anomaly in the lower end RG's. Plus, even with your resale scenario, you're talking about a $25 difference in what he gets back overall. Also, who would buy a $600 used guitar if the new one is only $700?

I've played a couple of rg321's, and I really wasn't impressed at all. Maybe I tried lemons, or maybe the shops I went to were rubbish at setting them up, but I've tried them (in different shops too), and I've always thought they were good for the cash, and that was about it...

the lag i mentioned was noticeably better, but it is basswood, if the threadstarter wants mahogany.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
never saw a Lag Dave, never even heard of them over here.

Maybe my friend just got lucky with his then. I must have got lucky with my RG320 too. I'm just saying it's a good guitar for the price, and it's not going to just break down or something without taking abuse. The next hardtail mahogany RG is the RGA121, which is quite a price difference. But meh, if you have the money, buy the best you can afford I guess.
amp clips
amp vids
My 321 was horrible out of the box. Misintonated, with too little neck bow, the input jack was loose, and pickups somewhat misaligned. Yeah, I got it online. However, in an hour of fiddling it was awesome for the price.

I feel safe recommending it in its price range, but for someone who can save more money in a reasonable amount of time, I'd advise to go a step up. Or three. Since the TS is probably not buying it as his first guitar, it makes sense to buy something better, especially with dispensable income.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I actually played around with an RG321MH in the store a few weeks ago, great guitar for the price range, but I found the bridge less comfy than the trem on my RG270 for palm muting, I guess thats why the RGA121 is so much money, of course the SZ series guitars have a gilbaltar style bridge but I couldn't get used to the scale length and smaller fret size, very nice guitars just felt a little odd for me.
Quote by pifty
My 321 was horrible out of the box. Misintonated, with too little neck bow, the input jack was loose, and pickups somewhat misaligned. Yeah, I got it online. However, in an hour of fiddling it was awesome for the price.

I feel safe recommending it in its price range, but for someone who can save more money in a reasonable amount of time, I'd advise to go a step up. Or three. Since the TS is probably not buying it as his first guitar, it makes sense to buy something better, especially with dispensable income.

isn't that an indispensable income?
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
isn't that an indispensable income?

Indispensable income goes on covering rent and buying dinner ever so often, and other essential things for the support of life functions. Dispensable income can be used to buy gear.
i played one today. i didnt like it much, i have an rg450, but want a hardtail. prefer the 450 a lot more. neck seems different.

i would look at schecter omen as what im doing now.
I've had mine for two years and it's never broken down on me or anything. You'll to change the pup. I put a Dimebucker in my bridge and it sounds just fine. If you can, try to avoid getting one online and buy it from a shop.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
inbargnez321, did u find ur neck got a bit smoother on the surface after a while playing? perhaps i found it grippy as it was new, like my hand didnt slide all that easily up and down.
is this your first guitar? I would guess that it would be seeing that its more of a low end kind of a guitar.

But as someone said you should save up for a better quality guitar. If you want a good solid guitar that will last...your gonna have to pay for it.

But on the other side, if you new to guitar and not sure if its gonna stick or not id definately suggest a 321, or something similar. It is cheap, effective, and it would last longer then some guitar in a behringer guitar pack.

As i said if your kinda new I definately would not get a 1000$ guitar. But if you arnt knew and know guitar is gonna stick, I would save for a few more weeks. Schecter, ESP, Gibson, Fender, all have guitars in the 600$+ range.

But you gotta decide whats best for you
I've been playing for over 2 years, it's just that my current guiatar keeps de-tuning, and I just need a temporary guitar, renting will cost me so much!
Quote by fiztech
inbargnez321, did u find ur neck got a bit smoother on the surface after a while playing? perhaps i found it grippy as it was new, like my hand didnt slide all that easily up and down.

Yeah it definately get better over time. I'm loving the neck now. I'm interested in a new Ibanez SZ, so we'll see if I like that neck just as well.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
yeah i like the look of the sz's, similar to the schecters but only 22 frets. not sure how that will affect shredability?

also the yamaha rgx series looks great value to in mahogony.